Chapter 1, Chase is acting differently

Marshall's P.O.V
I was lying down in my pup's house when I heard Chase waking up the other pups. When he got to my pup's house I was expecting the same outcome but he nuzzled me. "Good morning Chase," I say to him. "Good morning Marshall," he says back to me. I need to talk to Ryder about Chase's flirty behavior toward me. So I went to the lookout as I walked to the lookout I saw Zuma staring at Rocky from a distance, so I approached him. "Hey, Zuma what you doing?" I asked making him jump. "Oh, hey Marshall nothing I was doing nothing," Zuma replied. "Oh really because it seems like you were staring at Rocky do you have a crush on him?" I asked in a teasing way. "Yes, I do but I'm too nervous to tell him," Zuma replied as he drew circles in the grass with his paw. "I had a feeling you liked Rocky," I say cheerfully. "You must hate me and also how did you know?" He asked. "The way you look at him and act towards him and not at all I think it's cute," I reply. "Since I told you my crush tell me yours," said Zuma as he winked at me. "I think I like Chase but I'm unsure about it," I reply as I try to hide my blush. "Oh, I see," Zuma replies. "Talk to Rocky about your feelings because you never know he might like you back," I say to him as I leave. "Ok, thanks Marshall," I hear him say from behind me. After talking to Zuma I continued to look for Ryder I saw him playing on his pup pad so I went to up him. "Hey, Ryder," I say to him. "Hey, Marshall what's up?" He asked. "Have you noticed that Chase has been acting differently toward me lately?" I asked him. "Yeah, now you mentioned it, I'll ask him about it in the meantime why don't you go play outside," he said. "Ok, Ryder," I reply I head for the door but as I'm leaving I see Zuma and Rocky talking. I wonder if Zuma is confessing his feelings. But as I was thinking I didn't notice that Zuma was standing in front of me. "Hey Marshall," Zuma greeted me snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, hey Zuma," I say to him with a smile. "Guess what?" He asked eagerly. Do I hope that Rocky liked him back Zuma is one of my best friends and I don't want to see him get heartbroken because he is too
kind-hearted. "I don't know what?" I asked him as I tilt my head. "Rocky and I are dating," he said excitedly. "Wow, congrats Zuma but I think you should tell Ryder about it because he doesn't like it when we keep secrets from him," I say in a happy tone. "You're right Marshall I'll go tell him now," Zuma replied as he walked to the lookout. I'm hoping Ryder accepts them but as I'm thinking I didn't notice that Chase was on top of me this caused me to blush but I tried to hide it. "Hey, Marshall you want to hang out?" Chase asked me as he got up. "Sure buddy I would love to," I reply in a happy tone we played for hours but our hug-out time was interrupted by Ryder calling us to the lookout. "Paw patrol to the lookout!" Ryder yelled through my pup tag. "Ryder needs us!" I yelled. "Race you to the lookout," Chase says. "Oh, it's on," I reply so we raced to the lookout but I tripped from going too fast and crashed into the elevator. "I'm good," I say as everyone laughs then the elevator goes up to the third floor and we suit up and line up in our spots. "Paw patrol ready for action Ryder Sir!" Chase yelled stamping his paw on the floor I still don't know how he can do that without hurting his paw. "Thanks for coming so fast pups Mayor Humdinger somehow got stuck on top of city hall's roof Marshall I need your ladder," Ryder says to me but I didn't hear him call my name because I was too lost in my thoughts. "Marshall!" Ryder yelled my name snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes Ryder," I say to him. "I need your ladder for this mission," Ryder replies. "I'm fired up," I reply. "Skye I need your chopper harness just in case Marshall can't reach him," Ryder says to Skye. "Let's take the sky," Skye replies. "Alright, paw patrol is on a roll!" Ryder yelled as we all howled. We arrived at the city hall. "Marshall see if can reach him with your ladder," Ryder says to me but I didn't hear him because I was thinking about Chase. "Marshall did you hear me!" Ryder yelled at me. "Oh, sorry Ryder I'm on it ruff ladder up," I reply as the ladder goes up my ladder can reach him barely. "Ryder my ladder can barely reach him!" I shouted down at him. "See if you can get him on the ladder if not Skye will airlift him!" Ryder shouted back. "Mayor Humdinger see if you can get on my ladder," I say to Mayor Humdinger. "Ok, this not a rescue just an assistance," Mayor Humdinger said as we climb down the ladder. Now that Mayor Humdinger is safe we returned to the lookout. I went to play with the other pups until Ryder approached me with a concerned look on his face. "Marshall, can we talk at the lookout?" Ryder asked. "Sure Ryder," I reply as we walked into the lookout. "What did you want to talk about Ryder?" I asked him. "What's going on with you today?" Ryder asked. "What do you mean Ryder?" I asked him. "Why have you not been listening to me?" He asked me. "I'm sorry Ryder I was just distracted by something in my head," I apologized. "It's ok Marshall just don't let it happen again because I need you to be alert," Ryder says with a stern voice. "Ok, Ryder," I say with a serious tone. "Alright Marshall you can go play outside with the others," Ryder replies as shoed me away. So I walked out of the lookout. I wondered if Chase likes me back probably not, he probably likes Skye then Chase called my name but I didn't hear him because I was too deep in my thoughts. I didn't realize that I was heading for a cliff. "Marshall stop your heading for a cliff!" Someone shouted at me luckily I stopped just in time I was inches away from my ultimate doom. I looked around to see where that voice came from but I saw no signs of anyone it was only me. So after my near-death experience, I went back to the lookout as I arrived at the lookout I was greeted by Chase wagging his tail. "Hey Marshall you want to play?" He asked. "Not right now ok I need to go lay down," I say as nicely as possible because I know how sensitive Chase is when he's not on missions.