- rain lover (part 1)

Reader's age: 5

It was pouring rain today. All the children rushed home when it only started to sprinkle. Everybody expect y/n.

"Come on, y/n! You're gonna get sick" Fiona shouts to the little girl, dancing in the rain

"In a minute!" she responds

She was so happy to be outside. Nature was her peculiarity, specifically water. She could manipulate water. She truly loved Mother Nature. She wasn't dreading rain like most of the people, she loved it.

Besides, she felt similar to it.

Rain is needed. The world wouldn't last without the rain. Yet everybody runs home when they notice it comes. Rain is like a freak.

And that's how y/n felt - like an outcast.

Ten minutes passed and y/n still hasn't returned home.

Meanwhile in the house, Miss Peregrine was counting the children and noticed that one of them hasn't returned yet.

"Has any of you seen y/n?" Miss Peregrine asked

"She's still outside" Fiona responds and goes upstairs to read a book

"Emma, would you please go grab her?" She sighs

Miss Peregrine has always admired the little girl. She found it cute that y/n is so connected to the nature. Even though sometimes she could get really stubborn about it.

Emma took the umbrella and went through the garden to find the child. She noticed y/n jumping and dancing around, excitedly with a big smile. She was wearing a pink dress to her knees with no tights underneath, which meant only one thing - the girl was most likely gonna get sick.

"Y/n, come on. We're going home" Emma approached the girl and pulled out her hand for y/n to grab "you're gonna catch a cold"

"Nooo. It's so wonderful out here" she whined

"Miss Peregrine wants you home" Emma stated, shivering since it was really cold outside

Y/n, being so long outside, didn't feel the cold. She felt in fact hot from all the dancing and jumping.

"No, I'm not going!" y/n continued her fun

"Okay, if you're not going with me then Miss Peregrine will get you" Emma told her, turned around and walked home

"Miss Peregrine?" Emma looked for the older woman

"Yes? Where's y/n?" The Bird asked not seeing the younger girl

"She doesn't wanna come home"

"Okay, thank you anyway. Make yourself some tea, dear. I'm getting the little miss home"

She took the umbrella and left to find y/n. When y/n noticed Miss Peregrine approaching her, she run to hide behind the tree.

"Pleaseee, I wanna stay wif you" she whispered to the tree, hugging it

She sat curled up against the tree as Miss Peregrine finally reached her.

"Y/n, come on. We're going home. It's really cold out here" she pulled out her hand in her direction

"No! I wanna stay here" she whined, doing her best puppy eyes

"Not really, missy. You're not staying here. You're gonna get sick if you do"

"Nu-uh. I'm not going" she shook her head

"Y/n" the older woman gave her the glare "come on"

"No!"

The older woman had no choice, but to take her home. Fortunately, the rain stopped, so she folded her umbrella and held it under her arm. Then she knelt down to pick up the little one.

"Up we go"

"Noo! No! I don't wanna go" y/n started wiggling and squirming in her arms, eyes getting wet

Miss Peregrine held her tight in her arms.

"Calm down, hun" she said, carrying the child who was now crying

The Bird opened the door with her one hand and put down the toddler. Suddenly it hit y/n how freezing it was and how cold she was currently. Now, she was crying, because of her pounding head and coldness.

Miss Peregrine quickly went to grab  a towel. When she returned, she saw y/n shivering and crying. First she dried her wet hair with the towel then she wrapped it around the child.

She knelt down and held her hand against y/n's forehead, which was abnormally hot. Meanwhile, y/n felt dizzy and exhausted.

Miss Peregrine looked at the child, eyes filled with worry and concern. It was the sweetest and most innocent thing ever when y/n just gently pushed herself in the older woman's arms.

"Cold" the little girl babbled out, wobbling

"You're running a fever, sweetheart"

wait for part 2!