Opening up

''Ignes we need to talk.'' Lesso's voice had become soft, like a little dove. She sat next to me as I prepared to open up to her, not fully but enough...

I felt Lesso lay beside me on the bed, I needed to be honest with her but I don't know how she would react to finding out the devil had a daughter let alone that she was here. ''We need to talk about what happened, I know it is going to be hard but I am right here okay, cry if you need to. You can't always be strong.'' I look at Lesso and trace the scar from the tear ''Pain for pain remember?'' I say trying to explain why I can't show emotion. ''Here'' She says as she takes her finger and begins to trace the scar, her finger begins to glow as she traces it over and over again. ''Now you can cry all you like and I will fix it'' She said with a gentle smile. I smile seeing my face scar free. I have also realised how I can tell Lesso without actually telling her my story. 

''Lesso can we do this tomorrow and instead I'm really tired, I will tell you about my back and why it hurts so much but the rest I want to be ready to say'' I placed my hand around her face to cup her cheek. Lesso nodded at me then we sat up on the bed so we can talk. I grabbed her hands in mine as I began to speak. ''As I mentioned lightly before, He has something that belonged to me a long long time ago, without those things I can't fall for anyone without causing incredible risk to them and myself. I have never fallen for someone again since he destroyed me. The way he stole thing was while I slept, I woke up one night after falling asleep with him to a horrific pain in my back, he cut me, deeply and left me to bleed, to die while he fled in search of someone else who could destroy the good in the world.'' Lesso remained silent after that. ''Whenever I get scared or feel like I am in danger I feel the scar as if it is happening all over again, sorry if I scared you earlier. I am damaged through and through.'' Silence again as I look down, feeling my cheeks burning with heated tears, this was going to scar badly as it begun burning my arms when they fell from my eyes onto my skin, uncontrolled and flowing like a river. I feel other tears that do not burn me as they land gently on my arm, Lesso, she was crying again as she pulled me into her embrace. 

''I am so sorry that happened to you, but you are far from damaged, maybe a little wounded but certainly no damage. He did something similar to me, also damaging my knee back in the battle. My dear we can't let his actions define who we are, as women and both evil, dark deans. Our students need us so this will never happen to them.'' She began crying again, I had never seen Lesso in a vunerable place before, dare I say it was nice to see her show some emotion for once. I held Lesso until she stopped crying. ''Shh Lesso it is okay'' I felt the scarring beginning to take place on my face. Burning me with every bitter tear. After a while of holding Lesso she fell silent, I quickly checked and saw that she had fallen asleep. ''Oh Lesso, I am so sorry'' I whisper as I place her down on the bed. I had never seen her open up or in any other mood than angry or disgusted. I felt a small sting where the missing piece of my heart should be, inside my chest. I don't want to admit it but I think I am beginning to have a soft spot for Lesso. 

I got up and went into the bathroom, as I guessed my face was littered by scars. I rinsed my face with cold water in an attempt to shock my feelings away before heading back to the bed. She fell asleep cuddled into me, but I think she would feel worse waking up in my arms so I just curled up on the floor and shut my eyes, hoping to drift off to sleep. ''Goodnight Leo'' was the last thing I said before falling sleep, knowing Lesso couldn't hear me.