Chapter 2

I quickly rushed to the door and opened it. I was surprised to see a boy with chubby cheeks and a small smirk.

"You Ari," the boy asked.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Your prince, here to save you from a boring life of monotony and meaningless chores."

"Wow," I said, gaping at the forwardness of this weirdly adorable teenage guy.  

"What is it princess," the boy said as he leaned against the doorframe, towering over my petite frame. I quickly stepped past him, hiding the hot blush that had spread over my face. He promptly shut your door and followed behind you. You could already see the lights and music of the party as well as a volleyball court with a few people on it. In the distance, a few surfers were riding the waves in the sunset. You glanced up at the boy next to you and realized how soft his features were. His lips were soft and his eyes were so bright and full of humor. He turned and looked into your eyes for a moment. You quickly glanced down.

"I'm Han by the way, IN's friend," the boy said quietly.

"Are you always so forward with women," I turned back to him and joked.

"Only the ones as beautiful as you."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at him as we reached the volleyball net. On the court was IN and a few other boys I couldn't see well in the light.

"Great to see you again," Seugnmin said, walking up with a towel. "Did Han behave?"

"Okay uncalled for," Han said defensively.

Seungmin looked down at me," I am so sorry for anything he did."

I giggled," It's okay, at least he complimented me."

Han flashed a smug grin at Seungmin.

"Even if it was way too cheesy to work."

Han slumped as Seungmin and I giggled at his reaction. All our attention then shifted to the volleyball game. Seungmin explained that IN had been on the volleyball team at school. He loved playing it with friends and at almost every party he would convince someone to play with him.

When we started watching IN's team was up seven points, but the other side was making a comeback. I found myself lost in the game for a while as tensions ran hot. In the end, IN and his partner won by three points.

"I almost had you there," one of the boys he was facing shouted as they all started to head for the towel we were sitting on. All four boys plopped down in front of us, making a little circle.

"Hi, Ari," IN said, sounding out of breath from the game. "These are some of my friends. Chan, Minho, and Changbin."

I looked up surprised at the last boy he had pointed to. "Changbin? Like Changbin who just visited the States?"

He looked at me just as surprised. "Small world."

"Wait, is this the girl you were late for," Minho laughed.

"I made you late," I said, embarrassed for being an inconvenience.

"No, no. I chose to wait with you. If anything I made me late, Minho," Changbin fired back at the boy.

"Whatever you say," Minho said, putting his hands up in surrender.

As I continued talking and getting to know everyone I figured out a few things. First of all, Chan was the guy who owned the house two doors down from me and hosted all their get-togethers. He said I was welcome over any time and I extended the same invitation to all the boys, Han was a little too excited about this fact. Minho and Changbin both were pretty quiet and just listened to me talking with the other boys. I am excited to listen to more music with Changbin now. After about a half hour of just talking, I looked at the sunset. This scene was so perfect, friends, waves, and golden hour. It was like a dream.