Chapter 36

12 HOURS EARLIER

I'm in the shower when my phone goes off, I don't bother looking at it, I know it'll be someone checking up on me trying to see if I'm okay. Instead I continue scrubbing layers of blood off my skin.

It's a satisfying feeling, seeing the blood coated water slip down the drain, like a goodbye to every person I killed. Nameless and unimportant.

The only important thing is getting Florence back.

Once I get out, I dry myself off. I still don't pick up my phone since I'm not ready to read the bullshit it has to say.

I walk out into the bedroom and pick out my black cargos and black t-shirt. It's all I've been living in recently, black. Easy to hide blood, to hide everything.

I walk back into the bathroom and pick up my phone expecting to see Cole or Viennas name pop up, instead it's quiet the surprise.

UNKOWN NUMBER: 1 attachments.

UNKOWN NUMBER: Fuck you.

I immediately send the video to be ready to open in the office and text everyone to meet me as soon as possible.

It takes thirty minutes for us all to congregate but it feels like a lifetime.

"What's this about?" Benny asks cautiously as he walks into the room.

"Another video." Is all I reply. I'm not much of a talker nowadays, not with Florence gone.

"So soon? It hasn't been five days." Vienna looks worried.

"We provoked him, what did you expect?" I glare at her and she nods.

The video begins to play and the camera is pointed at Florence, she is pinned up against the wall.

"So Mr Russo, you want to burn my clubs? Kill my employees? TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME!" Juan's voice is behind the camera, shaking with rage.

"He got our message, good." Cole is the only one to say anything.

"And this bitch!" Juan screams slapping her across the face. "She thinks she's going to put a bullet through my head. YOU'RE BOTH FUCKING CRAZY! I have control here, I have the girl."

I can't feel anything right now, the image of him slapping her replays in my head over and over again.

"You look like you're about to shit yourself." Florence laughs at him.

"What the FUCK is she doing!" I'm so angry, she is pushing him further. He has already hurt her so much she shouldn't poke an angry bear.

The video blurs as the camera is smashed into her face. "I'm holding you here girl not the other way around! I got you underground without him knowing and I'm keeping you under his nose! I AM THE SMART ONE! None of you could do what I do. Me! I done it."

Florence smirks at the camera before bowing her head to Juan placing her hands on his chest. "You're right Juan, I am your captive. You have me here and he doesn't. You're smarter than him, please don't hurt me.

"See Russo, even your bitch knows who's boss." The camera cuts out.

Everyone sits in silence, in complete awe of what Florence has just managed to do.

"Everyone find me secluded locations in Juan's name that have underground tunnels on the blue prints NOW!" I slam my fist on the table and everyone gets into action.

Cole, Vienna and Matteo leave instantly while my uncle and cousins get on the phone to every man available to search Juan's properties that we haven't torched yet.