-2-

By some miracle or an act of the Gods, Lyla and her daughter are permitted to join the rightful king as his sister on the Dothraki trek. There's no argument to be had be Illyrio, who looks upon the red-headed girl with not a single ounce of love. His care for her was a business transaction, and her departure is not one that will bring him any tears. He cares not as Aera's small eyes fill up with tears as she says goodbye to the only home she's ever known.

Lyla and Aera share a horse. Lyla wraps her arms around her child as she holds onto the reigns to control the beautiful brown stallion. But as the days continue, she finds it increasingly more difficult to go on. The sun beats down on her face and the sweat cascades down her body and onto poor Aera. She does her best to shield the child from the sun, but is powerless to help her escape the sweltering heat.

The days blur together, a relentless cycle of sun-drenched mornings and sweltering afternoons. Lyla's body aches, her muscles protesting with each jolt of the horse's movement. But she perseveres, finding solace in the knowledge that this journey is not just for herself, but for Aera, for their shared future.

The horrors of Dany's wedding night are yet to be spoken. She has remained silent and kept her mouth shut, though Lyla has her suspicions.

In the midst of their physical exhaustion, Lyla draws strength from the bond she shares with Aera. She sings soft lullabies, her voice carrying the melodies of love and comfort through the desolate landscape. Her words become a balm to Aera's weary soul, soothing her fears and providing a momentary respite from the harsh realities of their journey.

Daenerys stears her horse off to the side, to rest and to blankly stare off into the distance. Lyla's eyes flicker between that of her lover and her daughter, of whom drinks water from a canister. Instead of drinking herself, Lyla stears her horse off to the side and offers it to the young Targaryen girl.

" You need it more than I," Daenerys mutters.

" I've already had my share," Lyla lies through her lips, her arm still outstretched.

The Khaleesi accepts the canister and only accepts a few gulps of water, before she returns it to the red-head.

" Thank you," Daenerys says softly.

Their horses move forward once again, placing them both in the midst of the hoard to a location they do not know. Lyla does not see Viserys. She cannot see his silver hair anywhere. It is something that should bring her comfort, but it does the exact opposite. She feels on edge, as if being watched by eyes she cannot see. She'll protect Aera no matter the costs, but she cannot protect her from something she cannot see.

The Dothraki fortunately soon make camp. The children are playing and the women are preparing the food and the clothes, whilst Daenerys finally stops her horse. Her weak and frail body cannot dismount by herself. She requires help from Ser Jorah, of whom is soon joined by the women who serve the Khaleesi.

Lyla is not fast enough, for she has Aera tucked in her arms. Lyla dismounts first, and then helps her child off of the horse. Aera seems barely able to move. Her head is shoved into her mother's shoulder and her entire body is limp.

" How is the child?" Ser Jorah asks as he cautiously approaches, " I see the journey has not been kind to her."

" She's hungry," Lyla replies as she hikes her daughter back up, feeling her slipping down from the sweat.

" I'm sure I can provide some--" He starts.

" She will not eat anything that once had a heartbeat, Ser Jorah," The mother softly recounts, " She refuses."