𝟒𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

FEBRUARY 2016

Dom had ordered his family to head to the Dominican Republic for shelter. Reluctantly, Valentina did as told and headed to a close friend of Dom, Mando, for help.

She paced back and forward in Mando's garage where Brian had built a surveillance hub. She tried calling Han and Gisele's phone but nothing, it would send her straight to voicemail. She started growing worried as neither one of them would answer.

An idea came to mind so she quickly walked over to the laptop Brian was using. Valentina pulled up her email and searched for the email that Gisele had sent her a few weeks prior. She took the number that Gisele had sent her in case they couldn't be reached.

"Whose number is that?" Brian asked as he saw his wife dial the number into her phone.

"A friend of Han's." She simply said before bringing the phone up to her ear.

After a few seconds of ringing someone came to the phone.

"Hello." Valentina said as she saw the line connect. "Is this Twinkie?" She asked as she brought her fingers up to bite her fingernails.

"Yes, this is him? You must be Valentina?" Twinkie said getting Valentina to furrow her eyebrows.

"Yes, how did you know?" Valentina asked.

"Well, Gisele told me in case something happened you would call. Plus, you're the only American number that has called me in a long time." He added getting Valentina to nod.

"Listen, I've been trying to reach Han and Gisele but neither one of them is answering." She said as she pushed some hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, there's bad news." Twinkie said getting Valentina to close her eyes preparing herself to receive the news. "They were in an accident. Han didn't make it, and Gisele is currently in a hospital." He said getting a small tear to form within Valentina's eyes.

Valentina opened her eyes and saw Mia making her way into the garage with a phone in hand. Valentina knew it had to be Dom who wanted to speak with her.

"Hey listen Twinkie. Look out for Gisele for me, make sure nothing happens to her please." She said into the phone.

"Sure thing." Twinkie said before Valentina hung up the phone and walked closer to Mia.

"Dom wants to speak with you." Mia said handing Valentina the phone.

"Dom!" Valentina asked into the phone as she saw Mia walk out.

"Yeah, Val, it's me." Dom said as Valentina put the phone on speaker. "Did you get in contact with Han or Gisele?" He asked from the other side of the phone.

"I called a friend of theirs. There's bad news Dom." Valentina said with a sigh as Brian placed supporting kisses on her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, I heard." Dom said getting Brian to move closer to the phone. "I did some searching and found who's behind all of this." He added as Brian nodded.

"Yeah so did I. Deckard Shaw." Brian said getting Valentina to furrow her eyebrows.

"As in, Owen Shaw?" She asked as Brian simply nodded, and Dom responded with a 'yeah.'