𝚅𝙸-

Well well well... Look who it is.

I can't believe it's been a year and a half since I last updated this book,(same goes for the other 2) I am sorry for being extremely inactive for the past months/year. I had school work and honestly, I struggled to find inspiration for my books. I also probably got less into this fandom. Now don't get me wrong, I OBVIOUSLY still love Marvel, but I just didn't mainly focus on this one. By the way, if you guys never watched Merlin (BBC) you definitely should, as it is amazing! I used to watch the show as a child and I watched it again older and I love it so much, so maybe you will too!

Also another huge thank you to the people who still commented on the book and my readers (I feel pretentious saying it like this lmao) because you guys have been here for such a long time and I don't want to keep you hanging. 

I hope everyone is doing well, passing finals, being happy, etc <3

Sorry for this long note but I believe it was important, now let's move on to the story of our beloved 40's man.  (I recommend reading the previous chapter to know what is happening because even I forgot.)

*

*

*

After rolling your eyes at Howard's antiques, you both went downtown in order to buy clothes since they pretty much all burnt from the accident. Being friends with a billionaire had its perks, as Howard did not hesitate to spend a lot of money for you. Though you did not have a home anymore, so getting new clothes wasn't that unreasonable if you think about it.

You turned to the man next to you who was carrying a lot of shopping bags. "Thank you for this, Howard, really I'm grateful." 

"You are more than welcome y/n. That is the least I can do, your apartment burnt down so me buying you clothes and letting you stay isn't that much. Besides I'm happy to help." He replied with a smile. 

"You do have a point, but still. Thank you. I also haven't been the kindest with you when we saw each other again." You sighed.

"I'm pretty sure you had your reason..." Replied Howard with a glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

You scoffed. "I did." 

"You know if this is about—"

"Let's go." You said cutting him off, as your pace got faster. 

You heard a faint sigh behind you but ignored it. 

*

*

*

After a rather awkward ride home, you decided to call Peggy.

"Hi, Peg."

"Y/n! I was just about to call you. I heard what happened, I'm so sorry." 

Your brows furrowed. "How did you..." As you turned around, you saw Howard who looked away.

"Nevermind." You retorted. 

"By the way we need you and Howard tomorrow at 5. Do you think you will be fine?" She asked.

"Yes don't worry I'll be there. It's not like Phillips will allow me to cry over my apartment anyway." You replied with a small laugh and you heard a chuckle from the British woman. 

"You're not wrong."

A voice seemed to yell from the other line of the phone. "I have to go I apologise. I'll see you tomorrow, greet Howard for me."