Chapter Four - Ivy

Don't hit your husband.

Don't burn his tongue. Don't rip it out.

Pax's laughter couldn't be contained. After dropping the twins off to my mother for the weekend and driving down to San Francisco, Theo immediately went into vacation-mode. Singing away at whatever song came on the radio even if he didn't know the words...and he sang loudly.

"Did anyone ever tell you, that you have the voice of a cat in a lawn mower?" I query, lifting my eyebrow at him. He barely glances my way with a big mischievous grin before continuing. He's lucky he's driving.

"Did anyone ever tell you, your voice is angelic?"

"I hate you when you're nice to me."

"I hate you when you tease me."

"Please stop." Pax begs, leaning forward from the back centre seat, "The last thing I need is this to turn into some passionate make out session with me in the back seat." I chuckle before turning back towards him.

"Are you excited to be back?" I ask.

"I am, actually. But I've also really enjoyed being back home. It's strange. I feel drawn to both places."

"I don't think it's strange, I understand that a lot."

"Which one is it again?" Theo questions, and Pax directs him through the small suburban streets. The rows of neatly trimmed lawns and towering palm trees lining the street are a far cry from the busy city center we just left behind.

As we turn onto a new street, I can't help but be impressed by the sheer size and grandeur of the homes that line it. Each one seems to be more luxurious than the last, with perfectly manicured gardens and sprawling driveways. It's like something out of a movie.

But then we reach our destination, and my jaw drops. The large home we were looking for is beyond anything I could have imagined. It's like a palace, with tall pillars and an imposing front entrance. I feel a flutter of excitement in my stomach as we pull up to the gate.

Pax and I hope out of the car and walk onto the main pathway leading up to the house. It's absolutely beautiful.

"It's much better in person." I say turning to him.

"Wait till you see the inside." He smiles.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, I'll just get everyone's bags." Theo's voice catches my attention from the boot of the car.

"Really?" I begin, "That's incredible, I knew you were strong Theo but this is extra sexy." He knows I'm teasing, but to see him blush makes my day. Before I have a chance to mention it, a cat, mostly ginger jumps up behind Pax and climbs onto his shoulder, rubbing its furry face against Pax's cheek. "Wow, Pax, that's one affectionate cat. Is he yours?"

"I wish." Pax comments, a slight blush reddening his cheeks. "Technically, he's Amelia's."

"He's cute, what's his name." I'm not usually one for cats, but there's something about this one that catches my eye. It's not until I see it morph into a man that I realize why.

My jaw drops as I stare at him, completely shocked by what I just witnessed. The man standing in front of me has the same fiery red hair as the cat, and his slim build is almost as feline as his transformation. But it's his bright, piercing eyes that really catch my attention, making me feel like he can see right through me.

"Hello there," He says with a smile, ", I'm Hendrik." He states, holding out his hand towards me. My mind clicks into gear, this is the cat-shifter that Pax has been talking about.

"Oh! Your Pax's boyfriend!" Both of their faces fuse bright red. I guess they haven't put a label on it yet. "Sorry, I mean, you guys are dating though, right?" Hendrik takes a solid glance around the yard before continuing.

"W-well, yes. We just hadn't really told the whole house about it, since you know, Pax went to go see you guys for a few weeks, and it's new..." I giggle and pat his shoulder.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I'll keep it to myself." His smile widens as he turns to Theo, who holds out a hand to greet him as well.

"You guys are staying for a couple weeks, right? Amelia set up a room for you upstairs. They're probably on the way home, so I'll show you."

"Thanks, man." Theo adds, passing a suitcase to Pax.

I step into the elaborate mansion, my eyes wide with wonder as I take in the surroundings. The entryway is grand, with high ceilings and intricate moldings adorning the walls. The marble floors gleam underfoot, and a chandelier twinkles overhead.

As I look up, I see an impressive staircase winding up to the second floor. The staircase is made of a rich, dark wood, and the banisters are adorned with intricate carvings. The steps are carpeted in a plush material that looks almost too luxurious to walk on.

To the left of the staircase, I see a cozy sitting area with plush couches and chairs arranged around a fireplace. The room exudes comfort and elegance, with soft lighting and rich fabrics.

On the right side of the entryway, I see a large dining room with a long, polished table surrounded by ornate chairs. The walls are lined with delicate china and crystal, and a crystal chandelier hangs overhead.

Everywhere I look, there's a sense of luxury and opulence. The mansion feels like something out of a fairytale, with every detail carefully crafted to exude wealth and sophistication. It's almost overwhelming, but at the same time, I can't help but be drawn in by the beauty surrounding me.

I wonder how a household full of boys keep it together so well?

Amelia must really keep them in line.

"Oh, what fresh hell is this?" I look up towards the top of the staircase as I hear the voice, and my eyes land on the woman with the perfect brown and blond locks. But as she descends the stairs, I can't help but notice her appearance, which is gothic in nature. Her clothing is all black, adorned with silver chains and studs. Her makeup is dark and heavy, with black eyeliner and deep red lipstick. Her hair is styled in loose waves, but even that seems to have a dark, edgy vibe to it.

I can feel her sinister glare as she makes her way down the stairs, and I know that she is Morgana. She is someone I have encountered before, and her presence always brings a sense of foreboding. As she approaches me, I can see the intricate details of her gothic style, from the silver jewelry on her fingers to the skull-shaped pendant around her neck.

Despite the darkness that surrounds her appearance, there is a certain allure to her gothic style that draws me in. It's as if she is trying to convey a message through her clothing and makeup, a message that I can't quite decipher but that intrigues me nonetheless.

"Hello, Morgana," I say, acknowledging her presence. And even as she gives me her sinister glare, I can't help but appreciate the gothic beauty that surrounds her.

"Good afternoon, witch."

"You two know each other?" Hendrik questions.

"Yes," Morgana responds, ", she's the witch who stole my fire."