《 Chapter 15: Macaque Pt. 2 》

After training, Nuo is starting to suspect something was wrong with Mk. Over the days, he's been more aggressive and... with no emotion like he's turned into a completely different person. Whenever she tries to talk to him or get him to eat when she noticed he haven't, he would just brush her off and tell her that he's fine. She didn't like this behavior of his, and this left his friends worried for him as well. Nuo knew it has something to do with Macaque and should never have let Mk have Macaque as his second master. But then in the middle of the night, Nuo was sleeping in her room with Chiang sleeping on the floor besides her when she heard a knock on her window.

Getting up, she walked over and opened it to find Li Jing outside of the window. Nuo was surprised at the sudden arrival.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"There's no time. Meet me in the alley. I need to talk to you." Li Jing asked, looking around before jumping off and zooming away.

Confused at this, Nuo changed her clothes and quietly got out of the window before closing them and running after Li Jing. Once she found a familiar purple head, she stopped at the alleyway as everything was quiet for a moment. Nuo stared at Li Jing, wondering what she wanted to talk to her about.

"If this is some sort of trick Macaque sent you to, I won't hesitate to take you down too." Nuo said, glaring at her.

"No, no. I came here on my own terms. It's about Mk."

Now this caught her attention and noticed how worried she is when she talks about Mk.

"Macaque is using him to get his power or Monkey King's power as he called it to try to kill him with it. It was his plan all along for him to get revenge on Monkey King."

"I knew it!!" Nuo growled, clenching his fist.

"But there's something else he's also been planning..." Li Jing continued.

Nuo looked at her and she appeared to be uncomfortable.

"He's been... trying to seduce you into joining his side, so he can gather all the dragon gem shards you have been collecting for him to become powerful."

Now this made her mad even more.

"All that kissing and flirting... was to take my shards?! That no good, smug monkey!! Wait..."

She looked at Li Jing suspiciously.

"Why are you telling me all of this? You do realize you're betraying your master." she asked.

Li Jing looked away, rubbing her arm.

"He's more than my master. He's... like a father to me."

Nuo raised her eyebrow as the purple haired girl began her story.

"I don't know how it happened or know my parents, but all I remember is being alone and abandoned, drifting in a river and that's when he found me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ FLASHBACK ~

Macaque was taking a stroll when his ear twitches. He looked over to see something in the river. He approaches it cautiously to see the floating crate and then he heard baby cries. He immediately rushes over and sees an infant with two small horns.

Macaque stares in surprise as the baby keeps crying, to which is hurt his ears. He looks 'round to see if anyone lost the baby. There's no-one around. He glances down at her and tries to find a way to make the baby stop crying. Macaque searches through his pocket to pull out a plum. He holds it above the baby. The baby stops crying and sniffs it curiously as Macaque looks on nervously. The baby takes a huge bite out of the plum and flashes him a cheeky grin. The black monkey smile slightly, charmed.