Chapter one

"Five, six, seven, eight....guys stop! What do you think you are doing? We have less than a week to prepare for this prestige event and is this how you going to warm up for a dance?". Dayna's angry voice asked as she led her team for a warm up during rehearsals.
"We are not all Dayna! Okay maybe you should just do your dance all by yourself and let's see how you win. Then you'll know how to accept that you not so unique". Jasmine said and rolled her eyes making everyone surprised.
"That was rude Jasmine. She's our team leader and if not for anything Coach Christof is not going to be happy if he hears about this". Jane said with folded arms.
"Oh please he's not the only coach". Jasmine retorted.
"Now shut up! Have you all lost it? We are a team and this won't work without love for ourselves. Dayna has been made our leader because she works harder than us. Without us she can't win this and without her we can't win this either". Paul said making Dayna's lips curve a smile.
"Dayna I think you should be more toxic so this can work!" He added and she nodded.
"Sure. So let's go now. We gonna do this for 45mins and start the dance. There's no break" Dayna said in a loud voice this time.
"What do you mean by no break we are supposed to...
"Shut up Jasmine!" Dayna warned cutting in. So 5,6,7,8,5,6,7,8...come on guys believing you can is half the battle!" The loud voice of Dayna echoed the entire room as the warm up began again.

...........in the young evening of that day
"Hey lazy fellow get up!" Sarah said as she sat in one of the couches in the hall with a glass of smoothie.
"Hey sis. You have no idea how exhausted I am". Dayna said as she laid tiredly in a couch too.
"Awww so sorry dear sister but you chose to be a dancer you know. Sarah commented with a laugh.
"Oh really that's what you think? Well after all I'm thankful that I declined the offer of being a foodie like you when my maker was sharing the talents". Dayna said dramatically with a tiny laugh that exposed her white shiny teeth.
"It's not your fault. Well I don't mind if I'm a foodie. I've got the hips and thighs that would get me a husband you know. I'm not like the painting brush that you look like ". Sarah snapped.
"It's quite absurd that you are just 23 and you have this mindset. I might even get married before you. Dayna said and Sarah almost choked on her smoothie.
"You are just 19 if you've forgotten don't you dare throw away your dreams for a man. You'll surely get married at the right time. Sarah explained.
"Awww you know you the best sis ever. Can I have some of the smoothie and cookies? I'm really hungry. Dayna asked.
"Sure but you can serve yourself some of the jollof and fried plantain first if you want. Replied Sarah glancing through her phone.

<<Hi Jane. You're so early today ". Said Dayna as she arrived at the academy.
"Yeah I wanted to be alone for sometime but it's quite unfortunate I can't. Jane said likewise.
"Funny enough you're right. Dayna said and they both laughed.
"Oh hello ladies! Christof said as he stormed in.
"Hey you damn scared the hell out of us!" Jane said aloud making the duo laugh hysterically.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry okay. But you should know me by now. You know I love to freak people out. Christof said with a smirk.
"Thank your stars you are our coach I would have torn you to pieces. Jane commented and he began to chase her around in the room till she run out.
"Now hey you come her pumpkin! Christof said pulling Dayna by her waist closer to him.
"I missed your presence yesterday. She said calmly.
"Awwn I know pumpkin. Missed you more. Christof replied as his hands trailed on her body and then he passionately showered soft kisses on her neck and down to her lips.
"You make shivers run down my spine Chris...can't love you less. Dayna said admist smiles. You my prince charming. She added making Chris laugh slightly.
"Awwwn I'm blushing for you sweetie. Can't love you less either.
"What the hell is going on here?" Queenie said as she opened the door and her gaze fell on them.