Hell's Haven

Tempest leaned against the thick glass window that loomed over the bustling streets of Hell's Haven.

A lot of cities had their nicknames. New York was "The City That Never Sleeps". Chicago was called "The Windy City". Well, Hell's Haven didn't need a nickname. It was named after exactly what it represented. In this city, one could always find the worst of the worst, be they Godkin or Human. But that wasn't the only reason for its name. The US government had dubbed it that based on a vote, since it was where eighty percent of the Godkin population in the country resided. There were tolls at every bridge and exit. They couldn't build walls without it being called oppression. But put in expensive toll routes? It was considered capitalist. She shook her head, as if to rid her mind of the thoughts. This city was poor, filled to the brim with people barely surviving, so they used strength to take what they wanted.

However, in the last fifteen years, since Tempest came to this city as an Enforcer for the Shredder Corps., she had been the toughest being in this city. Hell, maybe in the world.

But after yesterday...

She wasn't so sure.

It was just after her fight with Neon. Yeah, she was having trouble making peace with that one. She clenched the locket he'd handed her, unsure of what to do with it.

"What?!" Tempest said as she'd responded to Artemis' distress call.

She'd said...that there might be another Omega Level Godkin out there. She wasn't even sure that was possible. Ever since she was a child, a mere infant, she'd been at the forefront of Godkin study--not as a specialist--but as a specimen. She was the only known Godkin to ever have been born with more than Seventy percent God DNA. So, how in the hell was there someone else?

Surely, they couldn't have hidden from the spotlight for very long.

That's what she'd thought, at least.

Without hesitation, she'd used her super-speed to rush across the city, to the Zero Zone, where Artemis' Signal had last transmitted from.

She came to a stop near a deep crater, keen eyes searching the darkness of the night for her friend.

"Artemis!" She called out. But she found nothing.

She moved toward the edge of the crater, her eyes locking on two figures in the center.

With her immense speed, she was in front of the two within seconds.

One of them was Artemis, unconscious, her head tinged red from blood that had been wiped away. She rested on a large jacket like it was a pillow. The other was a man that she'd never seen before.

He appeared to be injured, too, with Yokai black eyes that gave away his Godkin heritage.

"Who are you? What the hell--what the hell happened here? Did you do this?" Tempest snapped at the man who appeared unfazed by her appearance.

"Yes, but I had no idea that she was an Enforcer, so--"

His words were cut off by a guttural growl. "You sonofabitch! How Dare you!" She kicked him across the jaw with her heel, sending him flying into the side of the crater with a deafening blast of wind. Concrete and pavement dust fused with the air, swirling and billowing as it settled.

Tempest should have heard him out, at least in hindsight. But, as always, when someone close to her was hurt, she lost all sense of reason. She was always terrified of losing someone. Having been alone her whole life, the Shredder Corps. had become the closest thing to family that she had ever known. Maybe they weren't the closest family, but, then again, how would she know?