Chapter 4

"We need to leave," Noah said as the saw trees in the far distance move, shaking from side to side but it was too violent to be from the wind. There was something moving through the forest and whatever it was, it was heading towards them. "Go, now!" Noah cried out shoving Damien away, Lucas taking off towards the battle disappearing from view.

Noah himself took off towards the battle with Damien on his heels but he was soon racing off towards their right where most of the vampires were. Noah darted, dodged, maneuvered, and raced past everyone and everything around him as he tried to find his family. The first one he found was Fred who was currently pinned down by a werewolf, his gun tucked under the werewolf's chin which was the only thing keeping him from being bit as the wolf snapped it's jaws at him. Noah didn't even falter in step as he ran right toward them, crashing into it's side knocking the great beast down. The werewolf let out a loud snarl, rolling back up onto it's feet probably to pounce on the two hunters as Fred scrambled to Noah's side to help him up. Suddenly, the werewolf's head snapped to the left like he had heard something, oblivious as Fred and Noah quickly disappeared into the crowd. Whether he heard the creature, or maybe something over the pack link, was unclear but suddenly he didn't care about Fred and Noah but was running off back towards the forest.

"I could have handled that!" Fred yelled over all the hissing and growling all around them, trying to run off back into the thick of things but Noah grabbed his arm in a vice grip tugging him away from the battle.

"We have to get out of here! There's something coming!" Noah shouted as he looked around for their family.

"What do you mean? Are there more werewolves and vampires coming?" Fred asked seriously, his grip on his gun tightening but he looked down at Noah in confusion as he shook his head almost violently, his blonde hair flying around his head.

"We need to find dad!" Noah called out when he spotted Liam fighting off a vampire. "Liam!" Noah screamed over the noise, hoping his brother would hear him, but the fighting was far too loud even as there were quite a few vampires and werewolves fleeing back into the forest from whence they came. Fred followed close behind Noah, aiming his gun at anything that came too close as they drew nearer to Liam so they were within shouting distance. "Liam!" Noah called again, almost tripping on a vampire that was knocked down by a werewolf.

"Little busy!" Liam shouted, punching a female vampire in the gut before sending her sprawling on the ground gasping and wheezing for breath. At least, that's what she wanted him to think as she suddenly rose up on her hands swinging her legs around like a break dancer sweeping Liam's feet right out from under him.

"Pamala!" a young looking male vampire called, suddenly appearing next to her as she jumped up to her feet like a cat. "We must leave, now!" the vampire hissed grabbing the girl's arm and dragging her away whispering angrily back and forth to one another while Noah and Fred practically pounced on Liam helping the boy up to his feet.

"Since when did vampires listen to rap music!" Liam shouted after the female vampire who shot him a glare over her shoulder.

"We don't have time for bad puns!" Fred snapped, using the butt of his gun to knock a werewolf in the head that tried to bite at him.

"Where's Issac, William, and dad?" Noah asked Liam almost desperately, gripping the front of Liam's jacket when that strange roar erupted from the trees behind him. It practically shook the very air around them causing everyone to whip around toward the sound, both werewolf and vampire frozen where they stood. Fred and Liam unconsciously drew nearer to Noah, gripping his arms and the back of his jacket to keep him close.

"What was that?" Liam asked in a small voice as he too recognized that was no werewolf or vampire, none like he had ever heard anyway.

"Where the hell is dad?" Noah ground out, looking around but he could only see vampires and werewolves on either side of them.