Death Becomes Her

Dawn's POV

"My name is Eliana Rose. I'm Dawn's mother."

"I thought you died years ago?" Oliver asked a little skeptically. "Why is there a wolf burial site for you in bear country? I have more questions, but first..." he turned to the well kempt rogue, "who are you and why didn't you attack me with the others? You don't look like you should even be a true rogue. Explain." Oliver questioned with a hint of alpha tone in his voice. You could tell he was trying to keep his cool since both of them were technically rogues.

"My name is Bradley. I am Eliana's son, which would make Dawn my little sister. I didn't attack you because I knew Dawn was with you before you came here." Riley glared at Bradley and started to storm over to him, but was stopped by Oliver. He signaled for her to stop, then asked my mom if she had a note pad and a pen. She surprisingly did and handed it over to him. He wrote down that Bradley was my brother and he would take care of it.

Riley glared at Bradley. "You son of bitch! WHY THE HELL DID YOU HOLD ME DOWN AND ACT LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING?! I'm fucking deaf, you prick. I still don't know what anyone was saying to me. I do know body language, and it looked to me like you were going to let him rape me!" Riley screamed as she tried to get through Oliver. He kept her away from him and walked her over to a tree stump and sat her down and motioned got her to stay. Riley was fuming, but she nodded.

"Well, I guess you need to explain yourself before I just kill you here and now." Oliver angrily said through gritted teeth.

"I swear, I didn't know! He only said he wanted to find out more about you and who you were traveling with. I thought we would hold her still and he would smack her around a little. I didn't know she was deaf or that he was going to... please you have to believe me. I just want my sister back. Tell her I'm sorry and I didn't mean to hurt her. I was just following orders. It's rough out here and I didn't want to die." Bradley sobbed while being on his knees to Oliver.

Oliver sighed and turned to Riley writing down what he was told, I assume. She grabbed the note and looked up at him with anger evident on her face and looked at Bradley. "We'll continue this later." She said to him with a glare.

"Ok, now that we've got that out of the way, are we going to stay out here in the open or shall we continue to Sapphire Moon?" I asked, knowing damn well that Oliver wouldn't want to do this in the open.

With a heavy sigh, he confirmed my suspicions. "Let's get going. We're only a few miles out. This way." he said as he motioned us with a wave of his arm. Oliver grabbed my hand, and I made sure that Riley was in my other. I was dead set on making sure nothing like what just happened, repeated itself.

We walked in silence now. Riley and I kept our heads on a swivel. My thoughts drifted to Emma. Was she still alive? Was she captured? Would I ever see her again?

****FLASHBACK****

Emma ushered us to continue on our way to Sapphire Moon. She stood rooted to her spot, looking into the forest. The rest of us couldn't see anything, so we kept holding onto each other and proceeded in the direction we were heading. We reached this beautiful waterfall when all of a sudden, Oliver stopped and made a silencing motion to us. I sniffed the air but couldn't smell anything, it must be his Alpha blood. Four rogues appeared out of the forest from the direction we were heading. Oliver looked at me and Riley with a worried expression, but soon realized they still couldn't see us. I squeezed Oliver's hand to let him know I needed reassurance. He looked at me with a sympathetic smile and squeezed my hand back. We slowly started walking again, but were very careful to not make any noise by watching where we put our feet. Oliver looked up and his eyes got wide. He started spinning his ring and a storm started to form.

One of the rogues were stand right in front of Oliver, almost nose to nose when the rain started pouring down, masking our scents. After a few moments, the rogue turned around and headed back to the others. Riley and I sighed in quite unison, but they must've heard us, because one started walking toward us. "We're going to have to run as fast and quietly as possible. Riley, can you keep up?" Oliver whispered in a low tone and sign. He must have realized Riley hasn't learned yet because he wrote it in the dirt. Riley nodded her head in understanding. Oliver wiped the writing away and signaled a countdown. After signaling 3, we started sprinting into the forest.

While the rogues couldn't see us, they were trailing behind, but were still hot on our asses. I noticed Oliver spinning his ring and closing his eyes. "What the hell is he doing?!" I asked myself. Doesn't he know he's leading AND needs to see where he's going? "Oh thank goddess." He opened his eyes just in time to avoid smacking into a tree. He must've called a storm because lightning is striking on branches close to the rogues. A branch fell right on top of one of them and caged him in. *BOOM* *CRACK* is all that can be heard before one of the rogues that was gaining on us is taken out by a stray lightning bolt.

Next thing I know, Oliver stopped and started acting weird. He was shaking tree stumps and flowers. The next thing I know, these little winged creatures started to pour out of them. Oliver spoke to them, "Please help us. I know you keep to yourselves, but I'm not sure we'll make it without your help. We need your assistance, please." As soon as they saw the rogues, they looked at us and started toward them. I can only imagine the fear and wounded pride Oliver had in order to ask these things for help. They started to assemble into a swarm that looked like bubbles and as if the rogues had stepped on a hive of them. Oliver grabbed our hands and started to pull us in the direction of his pack.

We heard a loud shriek, thinking it was Emma. Oliver and I looked at each other, me scared to death that the only mother I've ever had is in trouble, then we looked at Riley. "That's not Riley!" I screamed in my head, but I knew who it was. "Mom? How... No, she died. There's no way."

***End Flashback***

"Oliver, do you think Emma is ok?" I asked as we walked together. "I'm worried something has happened to her." Oliver rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand trying to ease my anxiousness.

"I know you're worried about her, I am too. I just found her, and now she stayed back to protect all of us. Once we're safe at my pack, we'll get started on a plan to go back for her. I promise."

"Thank you." I replied before kissing his hand.