Chapter 13

I just sat there until I felt a presence next to me. I looked over to see my mom. "Jake is sorry, he isn't used to being nice to vampires. He feels bad about making you upset, because your sister yelled at him. Your sister already really likes you. I hope you can stay with us, it will make her very happy," she said. I nodded. "You know it's not that easy, Alec and I can't just up and leave the Volturi. Partly because they would rather see us dead than leave, and partly because it would hurt him to leave his sister behind," I said. We sat in silence for a while. "You know I had heard about how Marcus's mate died, and I felt like Aro knew something we didn't. So I manipulated him into telling me what happened her. He had her killed, mom. He had her killed, because Marcus and her wanted to leave the Volturi. I can't risk Alec's life, because I want to leave. What if he ended up like Didyme? I couldn't live without him, and it would hurt even more to know it was my fault," I said. She looked worried.

"We better get back, I'm sure dad is wondering were you are and Alec is wondering were I am," I said. I stood up, and helped mom up. "Race yah," I yelled, and sped towards the house. Surprisingly enough I won. "Darling your alright, I was so worried about you," I heard, and then I was enveloped in a hug. I love Alec's hugs, I always feel protected in his arms.