Chapter 4: i hate you

"I hate you," you laughed as kuroo rolled onto his side, clutching his stomach as he let out the ugliest laugh you've ever heard, causing you to laugh even harder.

"bro sounds like a dog," you said in between gasps.

daichi and suga said they were cold so they left for the car about 10 minutes ago. you had a blanket in the back but you weren't sure how much sitting around and cuddling was actually going on.

that left you and kuroo in the grass of the park you drove to after getting slushees. it was around 3 am at that point, but you didn't really care. you found that kuroo was actually really funny, cringe at times but still fun to be around.

his laugh was contagious, you couldn't help but laugh along if he was laughing and you couldn't tell if it was because of whatever he was laughing at or because of his laughter itself.

after the laughter settled into spastic giggles, you clutched your stomach and groaned, "it hurts from laughing so much."

kuroo nodded and laid down fully on the grass as he looks up at the stars. you watched as he took a deep breath of the fresh air.

"night is my favorite time of day," he whispered as you laid down next to him.

"why is that?" you turned to look at him then directed your gaze at the stars.

"because... i don't know... the world just seems more peaceful. the busiest of streets during the day can be still at night. and not just for people, most animals are quiet and still at night, too. in many ways its so peaceful. it's like the whole world turns into one big 3-d photograph you can just be a part of," kuroo sighed and placed his hands behind his head.

you nodded and give a reassuring hum in agreement. "i like how you think. i agree though, my favorite time of day is night, when it's peaceful and quiet. the darkness isn't scary, it's just the natural balance of the brightness from the day."

some more time and conversation passed until you confessed your exhaustion and mutually agreed to start ending the night. after returning to the car from the park, you started the engine and headed home. you arrived at suga's house to drop him and daichi off. you unlocked the car doors to let him out.

suga and daichi get out of your car, leaving you and kuroo alone together. daichi thanks you for the ride and suga gives you a wink before closing the car door. you sighed and shook your head slightly at suga's suggestive wink.

you break the silence, "so where to now? do you want me to drop you off anywhere?"

kuroo sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "honestly i was hoping we could spend some time together. i want to get to know you," he says as he turns to you and looks at you with a soft smirk plastered across his face.

"alright, what do you want to know about?" you ask as you shift to park and put the emergency break on.

kuroo looks you up and down and smirks, "everything."

you feel your cheeks flush with warmth as you try to hide your flustered expression with a hand on your cheek, resting your elbow on the center console. "oh yeah? like what?"

"do you have any siblings?"

you answered quickly.

"whats your favorite color?"

again, you answered quickly.

"where were you born?"

you answered his question without hesitation.

"what is a pet peeve you have?"

you rolled your eyes and answered him.

"alright last one," he looks down at your lips, "nah, it was great meeting you." kuroo shakes his head as he pulls back in his seat and looks out the windshield.

"what were you going to ask?" you look at him with confusion.

"nothing, nothing. we should hang out again soon," kuroo smirked and looks at you out of the corner of his eye.

"yeah for sure, i dont know when but whenever you're here next or whenever i go to tokyo," you turn to watch a car pass by on the street in front of you.

kuroo nods and crosses his arms, letting out a sigh. he briefly closes his eyes before turning to you, "alright loser, take me home."

you scoff and shift to drive. "where to?"