Totally Coincidental

After the incident with Kellin and Jenna, all patients were ordered to their rooms. We had to stay in there for a few hours while the doctors did damage control. At around 4:30, there was an announcement through the speakers that were apparently in the corners of my room.

"Attention patients." The voice said. I was taken by surprise by the voice and dropped the pair of jeans I was holding.

"You may now go to the common-room."

I exited my room and made my way back to the common-room. It looked really normal, there were people watching TV and others who were reading, and there was a group of kids in the back corner, all sitting in a circle, talking and laughing.

"Tay!" Vic yelled. I turned and saw him coming towards me from the couch.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Come sit with me over here." He said, pointing to the row of empty couches on the right side of the room.

We walked over there and sat down, and Vic started talking to me about his day. He seemed like he was just trying to make me feel better, and he really didn't want to be talking at all. Suddenly, a boy with bright read hair came over to us.

"Hey Vic, and..." He trailed off, glancing at me.

"Tay." Vic finished.

"Hi Tay. I'm Tyler." He said awkwardly, playing with his sleeves. He seemed really uncomfortable, and he was practically squirming in his skin.

"Hi Tyler." I said with a smile.

Tyler sat with us for a while, both of us were really just listening to Vic talk.

"-and that's why Jenna isn't here right now." He finished saying, although I hadn't listened to a word he said, I was suddenly intrigued.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Jenna is in the infirmary and will be back tonight for dinner- probably." Vic said, closing his eyes and leaning back.

"Why is Jenna even here? And what's her story?" I asked. Vic and Tyler exchanged nervous glances.

"She apparently has major amnesia or something and can't remember any bad things she's done, and apparently she's done a lot of bad things. I don't know exactly what she did to get in here, but I heard she was once caught holding the burning end of a cigarette on a toddlers wrist, and she cut her sister's forehead open during her sleep." Vic said, his voice getting quieter as he spoke.

"Oh." I said, glancing around the room. I was kinda scared of her, but at the same time I was very interested. I really wanted to get to know Jenna, and I didn't know why.

At around 6:00 we were sent to the cafeteria for 'dinner'. I won't complain, because honestly it wasn't even that bad. There were potatoes, boneless chicken, peas, apple slices and chick peas. We also got a glass of milk or water if we wanted it.

I sat alone with Tyler at a far table. He actually seemed really cool. He'd gotten more comfortable with me, so he was talking and laughing effortlessly. I also noticed he was really attractive.

"It's your first day, they're obviously going easy on you." He laughed.

"How so?" I asked. It would get worse?