Part 3

The sounds of swishing could be heard not for from a large river. Crimson hair could be seen swaying erratically. A white hilted katana cut through the air and ragged breathing could be heard. Y/n thrust his sword forward to pierce the air before taking a few steps while slashing downwards. He then spun and slashed right around him...

But the boy didn't notice the blade had a faint blue glow to it as the sword weaved through the air. Y/n took a deep breath in and held the sword over his. As soon as he breathed out, he slashed his blade towards the river. His eyes widened in shock when he literally cut the river in two.

"Woah." Y/n said in surprise and then sent another slash to the river.

A small grin made its way onto his face and he began to repeatedly send slashes. His hands then started to blur at the speeds he was slashing and not even the water could fall back in place because of the rate of his slashes. Suddenly, Y/n sheathed his sword and then...

In a blink of an eye, he unsheathed the sword and resheathed it. It appeared as if the sword never left its sheath, only slightly. A void of slashes then appeared very close to Y/n and a cut appeared on his cheek and a numerous amount on the ground in front of him. Y/n's eyes were wide.

Whether it was because of excitement or shock was unknown. Y/n looked down at the sheathed katana in his hand and then slowly unsheathed it. He stared at his reflection with a blank face.

"Just what the heck kind of blade are you?" Y/n asked and then remembered the elder's words. "Cuts through time and space, huh." Y/n then looked at his right hand and clenched it into a fist. "What would happen if I added a banishing shift to my slashes?"

Y/n looked at the nearby tree and took a deep breath in before closing his eyes. He focused on the sounds of nature and the wind blowing on his skin. He slowly raised the blade over his head and a small glow appeared around it. It was a mix of silver/white and blue. His eyes then shot opened and he slashed the sword.

A crescent slash coloured with a mix between silver and a light blue then flew towards the tree. As soon as it hit the tree, Y/n's eyes widened in shock. Slowly, he walked up to the tree only to see that the entire top was missing and only the roots of the tree could be seen.

"Holy...Shit..." Y/n said and waved his hand over the now disappeared tree. "It disappeared....It just fucking disappeared." (A/n: Cookie to whoever gets this line.)

After Y/n was finished experimenting with his Banishing Slash, he began to hunt for food. His hunt was successful when he found a few rabbits to feast on...

"How the hell am I gonna cook this?" Y/n asked himself with a frown.

He found a few sticks but couldn't find anything to use to light it. Y/n looked at his Demonic left hand and the katana appeared. He took a stone and began to grind it against the sword.

No sparks.

"I thought that that would work." Y/n said with a sweatdrop. "I need to learn magic and I need to increase my speed and power. So many things too little time."

Y/n then pointed his hand towards the bundled up sticks and closed his eyes.

'Come on. Think of something hot.' Y/n thought to himself and began to think of various hot things.

When he thought about fire and the sun, his hand began to feel warm. Suddenly, a blue magic circle appeared by his palm and the circle shot forth azure flames. Y/n stared at the blue flames in awe but then soon frowned.

'It is that some high Ranking Demons are able to produce Blue flames.' He then looked at his Demonic left hand and human right hand. "I guess I really am...."