Chapter 47: Element Of Surprise

"Grr, I hate having to sneak around like this." Yui muttered under her breath, just loud enough for her teammates to hear.

As soon as they were signaled to begin, Koko led Ako and Yui around to the side of the building. She identified a vent as an access point and used her bow, along with a hook-like arrow, to pry it open. From there, Yui hoisted Koko inside before following her in and Ako went in last.

Now the three of them were crawling through the ventilation system of the building, shuffling carefully so as not to make any noise as they worked towards the back room. As they neared the area where the hostages were being kept, Yui was beginning to get impatient, as they had no way of knowing how much time had already passed.

"It's not a glamorous option, but I doubt the captor team would start by looking up here. I'm hoping we can get a vantage point so we can see where they are." Koko said.

"We can't be wasting too much time trying to plan." Yui pointed out.

"I'm not going to lose because I don't know what I'm dealing with. Not this time," Koko said before stopping and holding her hand up. "I see them down below."

"What do you see?" Ako asked.

Koko crawled forward and then turned around, signaling for the two of them to move forward. Ako crawled up next to Yui so that all three of them could look down and see the hostages. Down below, they could see where the hostages were as well as who was guarding them.

"There's only 3 of them there. I see green hair, pink hair, and yellow hair." Yui whispered.

"Looks like Midoriya's staying with the hostages. That Bakugo guy must be out looking for us. He probably took that short kid with him." Ako reasoned.

"Midoriya is the green hair boy?" Yui asked.

"Yeah. I don't know the other two with him." Ako stated again.

"Well, there's a way to find out," Koko said. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She started typing. "These guys were all part of Class 1-A last year, right? It shouldn't be hard to look 'em up."

"Isn't that cheating?" Yui asked.

"If Mr. Aizawa wants to punish us for using every resource at our disposal then that's on him. I don't remember him ever saying 'no phones' in the list of rules he gave us." She pointed out.

"Well...I guess that's technically true." Ako hesitantly agreed. Koko glanced down at the other students again before pulling up the previous class roster.

"Alright, here we go. Green hair is Izuku Midoriya. He's registered as having some kind of strength-enhancing quirk. It's oddly nondescript, but it gives him something of a supercharge – he's fast, he's strong, and he's smart in a fight.

"Pink haired girl is Mina Ashido. Her quirk is...acid. She shoots corrosive liquid acid from her body. We'll have to be careful with her or she'll burn through our costumes and my equipment.

"The boy with them is Yuga Aoyama. Seems like he's not much of a threat. His quirk is shooting a laser out of that device around his midsection there. He doesn't look like much of a fighter though. One well-aimed sneak attack should be enough for him.

"Same goes for this dude with the purple balls on his head: Minoru Mineta. The balls are super sticky – that's his quirk. I'm guessing they'll try to trap us with them somehow, but as long as we're on guard, that's the only threat he'll pose.

"It's a different story for Katsuki Bakugo, our other missing captor. His quirk is all about explosions – apparently they come from his sweat? That's gross. But that makes him very dangerous; he'll get stronger the longer we drag out a fight with him, so we'll have to make it fast." Koko summarized.