🕸️Prologue

You remember everything that happened with Gwen before the event.

It was a Monday morning. Physics class had just finished. You noticed a blond haired girl always hanging out with Peter Parker who usually got pushed around by Ned Leeds.

A kid a year older than you, but still a jerk nonetheless.

You and Peter were pretty good friends, and his death hit you like a train .

Gwen wasn't really known to be the most social person after the lizard attack at homecoming, and Peter's death.

Most people talked about the appearance of Spiderwoman, whom everyone blamed for the death of Peter.

But.. something didn't seem right to you.

After that incident, you saw how Gwen missed classes, and her attendance dropped by a large margin despite being the top student in the class.

No one seemed to really notice, except you. It seems like everyone was glad that the antisocial and nerdy band kid was gone.

Something about her.. just intrigued you after you saw her just randomly disappear and reappear during the homecoming dance.

So you tried to interact with her any way possible, when she actually attended class of course.

"Hey, what's the answer to #4?" Y/N turns around, holding her book up to Gwen.

Gwen glances away and looks back, slightly confused. "It's 20." She says after a few seconds, making you smile.

"Thanks. I was stuck on that one." A few moments of silence as Y/n turns around even more. "I don't think I've seen you before.. what's your name?"

"It's Gwen.. Gwen Stacy." Gwen pushes her hair behind her ear. "Nice to meet you, I'm-"

She was mysterious but.. in kind of a good way.

You and her became good friends after some reluctance and confusion on WHY you were talking to her.

It took a while and a few "I don't do friends" or a "Why are you still talking to me?" but hey.. you managed to soften her in the end.

It was only after that incident with Flash that she really started putting in effort to talk to you.

"Hey, Stacy.." Ned walks down the hallway as Gwen angrily hides behind her locker. She really didn't want to talk to him right now, especially after what he did to Peter.

Everyone stops in their tracks, noticing Gwen and Ned's confrontation.

"Not right now, Ned." Gwen says in a quiet but threatening tone, pushing her books into her bag with unnecessary force.

My friend and I were near the water fountain, and she nudges me to look at the whole situation. I carefully watch as I hold my books in my arms.

"Look I just wanted to say-" As Ned approaches Gwen, she snaps, grabbing him and pushing him up against the locker with a BANG. Everyone gasps.

She pierces into him with her blue eyes, breathing heavily. Ned looks at her with a sympathetic look.

"Feels better, right? Letting it all out like that?" Ned's expression softens. as Gwen's eyes fill with tears.