good morning

The sun was shining softly through the window. A light breeze awoke the man who slept soundly. His black hair was messy as he gently sat up to rub the sleep from his eyes. He glanced over to see a figure still snoring beside him.

The figure was a sweet woman, the woman he called his wife. They had been married for a couple months and it was still surreal waking up next to someone so beautiful every day.

Her hair fell gently over her face and he chuckled to himself. He moved forward and brushed the hair away and looked lovingly at her. He leaned down to kiss her temple and she stirred for a bit.

Easing his way out of bed, he sauntered into the bathroom to try and refresh himself. After washing up he walked downstairs to the kitchen to start breakfast as a surprise for her.

Moments later, a certain woman awoke from her slumber to the scent of bacon. With a stretch, she tried to grab her husband and wake him but she felt nobody was there. Opening her eyes fully, she saw his side of the bed empty and heard soft hums coming from downstairs.

She hopped off the bed and put on some slippers and a robe. When she walked into the kitchen, a smile graced her face at the sight. Her husband was placing food onto two plates when he noticed her presence.

"Oh! Good morning." He smiled and continued what he was doing.

She came behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and pulling him close. "Good morning, my love." She kissed his back and gave a hum.

He walked over to the table and pulled a chair out for her. She gratefully took a seat, "Thank you!" She smiled before taking a bite.

After a delicious meal, the couple returned to their bedroom to change into outfits for the day. "Keiji?" Y/N called from the closet; she was searching for a certain blouse his mother bought her last Christmas.

Akaashi popped his head into the closet with a curious expression, "Yeah?" The woman gestured to their shared space and grumbled something about the missing blouse and how crowded everything was.

He chuckled and walked into the closet, reaching for something on the top shelf just ahead of her. "You kept it in the box, remember?" He smiled and handed it to her, taking off the lid to reveal the blouse.

She shook her head, feeling silly. "Right! I totally forgot!" She kissed him quickly on the cheek and left to change. "What would I do without you!" Akaashi stayed in the closet a moment longer, trying to hold onto the moment for as long as he could.

"I can't imagine life without you, dear."

THE END