Chapter 21: As Far as Excuses Go, That's a Pretty Good One

"Lulla?"

"You look the same- oh gods, you grew up so much," Loki speaks with tears in his eyes.

"What?" I ask, completely confused at this point. I honestly think Loki may be going insane.

"I- I thought you were d-dead?" he stutters out.

"Loki, I don't know what is going on, but I am pretty sure that I am not dead."

Still desperately holding my face in his hands, he leans back slightly to look at me. His eyes, which were previously swirling with so many emotions that it was impossible to pick just one, are suddenly overtaken with confusion and concern.

"You- you don't remember? Wait, why don't you remember?"

"Remember what exactly? What should I be remembering?"

"Uhh, you, um..." He takes a deep shuddering breath. "Uhh, I-I am your father."

I stare at him for another whole several seconds, unblinking. "What?" I ask in a monotone and emotionless voice.

A/n - This is actually just a video of this scene, it's canon. /j

"No no no- what kind of Star Wars Darth Vader stupid ass shit is this? You're not- What?!"

"Wha-" Loki starts to ask, clearly thrown off guard for a moment until he brings himself back from his confusion, giving up on understanding anything that I just said.

"If that's true, then why don't I remember that? I feel like that is something I would remember. If my father was a god I would definitely remember that." I say, still thoroughly confused and overwhelmed.

"I don't know." Loki basically whispers.

Suddenly, he snaps his head up towards me, an idea in his eyes. "Do you trust me?"

"Well by the fact that you are currently claiming to be my dad, I don't know if-"

"Just please, let me try something, it might work, it might not, either way, it will give us answers. Please trust me." He asks practically begging.

I stare back at him into his pleading eyes for a long moment before I slowly nod. "Ok, I trust you."

I watch as he essentially melts at my words, seeming almost surprised by them. He then nods determinedly and scoots slightly closer to me. He slowly lifts his hands up and places his fingers on my temples. I give him an odd look, questioning what he is doing.

"I am going to go into your mind and see if I can find any gaps in your memory, or if any are locked away."

I hesitantly nod. "Ok, just don't go snooping around too much."

"I promise I will not." He gives me a warm smile.

A moment later I feel an odd tingling sensation in my head. The best way that I can explain it is that it is like someone replaced my brain with a bunch of orbeez and then just stuck their hand in there, moving them all around and squishing them so that they crumble into those little pieces that stick to everything.  

I expected to pass out, zone out, or something since he is literally messing around in my brain, but I felt completely normal, besides the weird orbeez sensation. I just continued to look around the room, occasionally looking back to him where he sat with his eyes closed and a look of concentration on his face, patiently waiting for him to be finished.