𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

( 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ! )

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

          WORDS they didn't mean left their lips, but some truth preceded their words. Meaningless arguments were expected, one becoming more senseless than the other. Words of disdain toward one another's pursuit started their declining happiness.

It started as snide comments, from their work becoming more of a partner than their actual partner. With each remark becoming more accurate and honest, so did the end of their relationship. 

A tragic ending to a love affair that seemed destined to last forever. 

One last fight, that faithful night in August, was the end of it all. One final argument, one last round of hurtful words, and a whirlwind of what-ifs and regrets plagued them that night. 

He looked at her, her coffee-colored eyes glistening with tears falling down her cheeks, and then slammed the door shut behind him. She watched as he left, collapsing onto the ground, and sobbed with heartbreak. 

He stood outside, his back pressed against the door, as he let a couple of tears fall from his piercing blue eyes. It pained him to hear her hysterical cries, but he knew the moment he gave in, he would continue the toxic cycle they were used to. 

So, he ignored her cries and left. 

That night in August was the last time they saw each other. He progressed in his online fame with his best friends as she moved to California and pursued her dreams of being a musician.

It wasn't until months later, when his thoughts got the best of him, with the help of alcohol, that he called her. It went to voicemail— despite his relief, he felt lonely. Even after his drunken phone call attempt, he tried to call and message her, but to no avail; she never answered him. 

To say he felt hurt was an understatement. She also felt hurt and betrayed, so she never tried to reach out to him. She wanted a fresh start from her past life, no loose ends trying to weave their way back in. 

Both were hurt and angry for different reasons, but one thing was the same for them—they loved each other so deeply and profoundly—that it hurt so much more. 

She watched as his career online took off. She couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for him. She watched as he and his best friends started from the ground up, and to see him now was a sight to behold. 

He watched as her music career took the world by storm. He felt proud of her as he watched her spend countless nights writing songs and creating stories. And seeing how it's all paid off was something he held on to. 

Despite being at different points in their lives, and years passing by, every August on that same day, it still hurts all over again. 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚