𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

( 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ! ) - real life

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

          A SMALL SMILE toyed on her lips as she stepped out of her apartment building. She looked around her surroundings admiring the beauty that was London. Regal structures, friendly people, and cloudy skies scattered across the city. For others, it was a dull and mundane city—but for her, it was home. And she adored her home more than anything. 

She let out a happy sigh as she walked down her street heading into town. The warm summer air brushed against her skin. Natalie had always loved summers in London; the warm temperatures, the sun peaking through the clouds, and the lively atmosphere made you feel alive. 

Natalie had perused a few shops, only just window shopping. After passing by a couple more shops, she looked across a few yards and saw a crowd of teenagers excitedly screaming and their phones held out. 

It was almost like the crowd of teenagers were surrounding someone. She tilted her head to the side, her eyebrows furrowing in wonder and confusion as she tried to get a better look. 

The brunette spotted a few men holding cameras around and within the crowd. Walking closer to the masses, she spotted a very tall, bearded, dark-skinned man standing within the group with what appeared to be a group of men. 

Natalie's breath left her body as the crowd dispersed, and she saw him. The wind had been knocked out of her, and she felt frozen. Time had stood still, almost like it was August five years ago. Nothing had changed. She was still the same brokenhearted girl who lost the once great love of her life. 

She watched as Simon made his way through the crowd, along with JJ, Vik, and what appeared to be a bodyguard. Natalie wanted to move her feet so desperately. Her mind screamed to turn back, but her feet wouldn't move. 

It only took seconds before Simon's eyes locked with hers. She held her breath, gulping slowly before she left the breath out shakily. 

It felt like an eternity as their eyes met, but it was only seconds before Simon tore his gaze away from her. He continued on his path, leaving Natalie standing there confused, and hurt all over again. 

She stood on the sidewalk, trying to catch her breath after seeing Simon for the first time in five years. She looked back down the path, spotting Simon stopped a few yards away, speaking to his friends. 

They seemed to be engaged in a semi-serious conversation, and from the looks of it, Simon didn't seem to like it. Simon finally sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration, before looking down the street at her. He stepped forward and made his way over to her. 

Natalie watched as he walked over to her, and she panicked inside. She felt her stomach bubbling and toiling with nerves; she didn't feel ready to face him. 

However, that was going to change. Ready or not, face your fears. 

Simon stopped in front of her as he looked at her. She looked up at him, both not saying anything. Their faces said it all. They both were nervous and yet still looked heartbroken. 

"Hi," Simon said, finally speaking up, his breath filled with anxiousness. 

Natalie felt like she was going to faint as she heard him speak. She missed his voice a lot. "Hi," she replied, trying to maintain her composure. 

Simon coughed awkwardly as he looked around before looking at her. "I didn't expect to see you," he expressed. 

Natalie nervously chuckled. "I didn't either. Are you filming Sidemen stuff?" She asked, nodding toward the cameras that were near Vik and JJ. 

Simon nodded. "Yeah," he briefly said. 

An awkward pause had grown between them as they stared at anything that wasn't each other. "I need to get back to filming, so I'm going to head out," Simon mentioned, starting to break away from the encounter. 

Natalie hesitated to say anything more. "Simon, I know you're busy, but can we please get some coffee or something and talk," she blurted out. She silently cursed at herself; that was not how she wanted to approach the situation. 

Simon looked apprehensive about the ordeal. "Natalie, I have to film," he insisted. 

Natalie nodded her head, gulping slightly. "Then can you please make time so we can talk about everything?" she asked, her tone clouding with nervousness. 

Simon didn't say anything for a minute. "Please, Simon," she softly pleaded, looking up at him. 

He finally sighed. "Okay." 

Natalie inhaled deeply, nodding. "Okay. I'll give you text you." 

Simon nodded. "Bye, Natalie," he said as he turned back around and walked back to his friends. 

Natalie watched as he walked away, almost like he did all those years ago."Bye, Simon," she quietly said. 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚