prologue

The harmonious sound of cello strings echoed throughout the room. The player of the cello was extremely skilled, and his slender fingers transitioned to each string of the cello with ease. His bow slid over the brass strings of the instrument fluidly, and he was getting lost in the song.

The boy shut his eyes, lost in the musical notes he was playing. His body swayed to the magical notes, enchanted by the tone of his cello. The scene of the boy and his cello was a breathtaking view. His dedication and love for the instrument were obvious by the way he had painted a beautiful picture with the piece, and his adoration of music only enhanced his musical ability.

The boy's brown eyes flew open as he heard a new sound join him. It was a girl who was playing the violin. Her tone combined with his was melodious, graceful, elegant, and beautiful.

He stared at her in astonishment and wonder, his mouth hanging agape. He could feel his grip on the bow loosen. He gulped and tried to maintain her beautiful symphony. He was in awe of her ability and especially her beauty.

He closed his eyes once more and lost himself in the sound of the strings of the cello and violin combined. It was truly a beautiful concerto that he and the violin player had improvised.

The song ended in a long note, and he let out an excited breath. He opened his eyes, and the girl was gone.

Who was she?