i

Y/N entered the music room, a faint smile crossing her lips. This room was her safe space, and ever since she had that duet with the mysterious boy, it became especially more special. Y/N's passion for music was infinite, and she was glad to have found a person similar to her on that fateful day.

A part of Y/N wished that she could see the boy again so that they could duet. She was fascinated with his dedication and love for the cello. She hasn't found someone who shared her passion for music in ages, so to think that she was attending the same school with such an individual excited her.

With a nervous inhale, Y/N placed her bow over her violin and began playing one of her favorite pieces. She shut her eyes and let the soft notes overtake her. Her bow glided over the steel strings. She hummed along to the notes until the song ended.

Her heart felt much lighter after she played the piece. With a content smile, Y/N put away her violin, although a part of her was disappointed. She was hoping that her playing would've attracted the attention of the mysterious boy, however, it didn't.

With a disappointed sigh, Y/N slid the straps of her violin case to her shoulders and headed to class. Her mind was clouded with thoughts of the boy. Who was he?

Y/N sat down at her desk and took out the appropriate materials needed for her class, such as pencils, erasers, notebooks full of handwritten formulas and various equations, etcetera.

The thought of school bored Y/N, but she had to maintain her grades if she wanted to use the music room at her leisure. Y/N was grateful that the music teacher allowed her an opportunity to use the room whenever she pleased.

The lectures throughout the school day bored Y/N, but she was thankful enough that the work occupied her. After several hours of non-stop note-taking and revision for examinations, the school bell for dismissal rang throughout the school, and Y/N's peers left the classroom in a hurry, eager to return home.

As Y/N walked home, the streets of Seoul began to burst with life as students and working adults hurried to return home. Y/N's ears had grown accustomed to the chatter that consumed the streets of Seoul, as friends and colleagues chatted about various topics.

Y/N diligently walked home, her eyes gazing at various buildings and landmarks she passed by on her route back home.

Y/N's feet eventually returned her to her family's apartment, and she opened the door to find her mother cooking and her father lounging on the couch.

"Hey, I'm home," Y/N announced to her parents and put her violin and backpack in their usual spots.

"Welcome home," Y/N's mother gave her a gentle smile before she refocused her attention on the dinner she was making for her family. "Make sure to do your homework."

"I will," Y/N reassured her mother and took out her school workbook to complete her homework for the night.

Y/N wandered into her room and sat at her desk, beginning her work, hoping to finish by the time her mother finished cooking dinner. Luckily, the work she was assigned for the night wasn't too difficult for her to comprehend, so she understood the assignment relatively quickly.

Y/N stared out the window she had in her bedroom and watched as the sun began to set. Her mind wandered off and she stared at the pink and purple watercolor hues of the sky.