Chapter 2

The next day, Bill, Richie and I went to Eddie's house to get some stuff, before we go, to our new destination, the Sewers, instead of the Barrens.
I spaced out a bit and didn't catch the whole conversation the boys had but eventually, I snapped out of it.
"Take everything but the delicious deals, my mom loves them" Eddie says.
We took some of the snacks and then Richie asked "are these birth control pills?"
Eddie answered "Yeah, and I'm saving them for your sister, this is private stuff."
Wait... I'm Richies sister...
"Eddie, what the hell" I said, making Eddie have an apologetic look on his face.
"Sorry Y/n"
We then went to leave Eddie's house, when his mother stops us.
"Eddie bear, where are you guys off to in such a rush?"
"Just with my friends, mom"
Bill then says "yeah, I got a...a..."
Richie then interrupts "A new croquet set, geez, spit it out B..B..Bill."
"Alright. Oh and sweetie, don't go roll around in the grass, especially if it's fresh cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."
"Yes mom"
We then wanted to leave the house.
"Aren't you forgetting something?" She asks Eddie while pointing to her face.
Eddie walks over to her and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
Richie snorts "You want one from me too, Mrs. K?"
Eddie then pushes us out the door "Sorry mommy"
I chuckled a little. Eddie looks at me "very funny" he says sarcastically.

We took our bikes and then went to go to the Sewers, on the way there, Stan joined us.

~when they arrive~

"That's poison ivy... that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy" Stan states, while pointing at different plants.
Eddie panics a little "Where? Where's poison ivy?"
"Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stan" Richie says.
Bill and Richie then start walking into the sewer system. As I watch them walk in, I gag because of the smell. It is disgusting and still, I stand there debating if I should follow them in or not.
"Okay, I'm starting to get itchy now, and I'm pretty sure this is not good-" Eddie complains but gets interrupted by Richie.
"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"
"Sometimes, yeah"
"Then you probably have crabs"
"That's so not funny"
There is a moment of silence, which gets filled in with Richie's voice.
"Aren't you guys coming in?"
I sighed slightly and then made my way to the two boys in the tunnel.
Eddie starts saying "Y- Y/n, what are you doing, that's greywater" he seems to gag a little.
"What the hell is greywater?" I asked him and stole Richie's sentence.
"Well, it's basically piss an shit, so I'm just telling you. You guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee." Eddie answered.
Richie took a stick and picked up a trash bag out of the stinky water.
"A..are you serious right now? What are you doing?" Eddie says with a tone of disgust in his voice.
Richie sniffs at the bag and says in a terrible spanish accent "Doesn't smell like cácá to me, senór"
"Okay, I can smell that from here"
"It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face"
I took my attention away from their bickering and brought it to Bill, who looks like he has found the shoe already.

Betty Ripsom's

I thought.

"Guys" Bill stopped them from their bickering and held up the shoe where he pointed his flashlight at.
Stan says with a scared tone in his voice "Shit. Don't tell me that's..."
He got interrupted by Bill "No. G..G.. Georgie wore galoshes."
"Whose shoe is it then?" I asked as I turned around to him, even though I already knew the answer.
Richie looked into the shoe "It's Betty Ripsom's."
"Oh shit. Oh god, oh fuck! I don't like this" Eddie swears.
"How do you think Betty feels? Walking around these tunnels with just one fricking shoe?" Richie imitates his joke and hops around on one leg while chuckling.
"Richie, not the right time to joke!" I hissed at him.
Stan asks "What if she's still here?"
Bill stutters "If... if I was Betty Ripsom, I...I would want us to find me. G..G..Georgie too."
"..what if I don't wanna find them? I mean, no offense, Bill, but I don't want to end up like..."
I shot Eddie a glare to which he gulps and continues
"..I don't wanna go missing either"
"He has a point" Stan agrees with Eddie.
"Y..you too?" Bill asks.
"It's summer. We're supposed to be having fun. This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting."
A moment of silence, until...
We all hear a splash behind us and a gasp.