1 | NEW LIGHT

....

"Paintyyyy, wake up!!" Paintbrush slowly opened their eyes, morning light spilling out into the room from the half burnt curtains. Paintbrush immediately jolted up, seeing Lightbulb calmly loom above them.

"GRAHH! Lightyyyy..." Paintbrush grumbled, with a tone of lighthearted annoyance. Lightbulb giggled.

"Cmon snoozer-head!" Lightbulb sat up, on the edge of the bed. "OJ's hosting a hotel meeting, though it's more of a party. THEY HAVE PIZZA BAGELS!!" Paintbrush got up, groaning.

They were very tired, but got up anyway. Lightbulb always managed to lift Paintbrush up, with how warmly eccentric she was. It was something Paintbrush looked forward to every day, even if the hotel was a mess. ...Not that Paintbrush liked Lightbulb in any way, of course.

They weakly smiled at Lightbulb. "Alright, alright. ...What time is it?" Lightbulb looked over at the clock, it was an apology gift from Silver Spoon. Odd choice as a gift though. They had to admit it was pretty, the fake light pink and lavender flowers lining it. In a way, it reminded them of Candle, their old friend from season three.

"Uhhh ten-twelve AM." Lightbulb said, turning back towards Paintbrush. "Oh... I guess I slept in." They got up, sitting on the edge of the bed with Lightbulb, their blanket draped around their shoulders.

"So, any plans for the party?" Paintbrush asked. "Mhm!! Look at these fun stickers I got!!" Lightbulb exclaimed, holding up a pack of stickers. They were an array of rainbow colors, hearts and other symbols, or cats. "What are we doing with those exactly...?"

Lightbulb giggled. "We're gonna wear them, fire-doofus!" Lightbulb said, ecstatic. "I-I'm not wearing those.. and please don't make a habit out of calling me 'fire-doofus'." Lightbulb started giggling more. Paintbrush couldn't help but find Lightbulb's laugh endearing, despite the state of annoyance they were in. "Awwww.. but it's funny!" "Ughhhhhh..." They groaned, Lightbulb only laughing more.

"Also got you some hair clips." She handed them a few hair clips. Four to be exact, a non-binary pride flag shaped in a heart, a crab, a purple and pink anemone flower, and a strawberry. All were done almost perfectly, probably hand-made.
Paintbrush couldn't help it, and hugged Lightbulb. She jolted up for a moment, before joyfully returning it. "Thanks..."

Lightbulb and Paintbrush walked down the stairs. Lightbulb was a lot more energetic and quick-paced than Paintbrush, who was still rather tired. They yawned quietly, Lightbulb dragging them along.

They both eventually made it to the kitchen, where Mic was. "Oh, hey there Mic!!" Lightbulb greeted, walking next to her. "Hi, Lightbulb." Mic quietly responded, focusing on the pancakes she was making. "OMGA, Pancakes!!" Lightbulb yelled, causing Paintbrush to silently jolt up.

"You want some? I made too much batter." Mic said, whilst flipping one of the pancakes. "DUH!!" Paintbrush got a bag of coffee beans from one of the top shelves, pouring it into a grinder. They dumped the ground coffee into the coffee maker along with some hot water.

Lightbulb ran to Paintbrush's side as the coffee maker dripped the coffee into the cup. "What's that?" Lightbulb asked them, looking at the cup. "Hot chocolate." Paintbrush replied. Microphone looked over at them to protest, but Paintbrush held their hand up, and Microphone silently giggled, watching.

"gasp I WANT SOME!" She exclaimed. Once it was done, Paintbrush handed Lightbulb the cup. They looked at her expectantly as Lightbulb took a sip from it. Almost immediately she ran to the kitchen sink to spit it out. Both Paintbrush and Mic laughed for a bit while as Lightbulb downed a bottle of water.

"gaAHH!! Painty, what was thatttt??" Lightbulb groaned. "It's coffee, silly." Paintbrush replied, calmly taking a sip out of it. Microphone had already gotten back to making the pancakes. "Coh...fee?" Lightbulb pronounced. "Yeah, helps you stay awake in the morning." They said, still with an amused smile. "Huh. Doesn't sound very healthy..."

Before Paintbrush could reply, Microphone plated the pancakes and turned around. "Pancakes are done!" Microphone smiled warmly, handing Lightbulb a plate of two. Lightbulb immediately grabbed the plate and tried consuming the whole thing in one bite, but choked some out. "Lightbulb!! You ok!?" Paintbrush stammered. Lightbulb coughed out one more piece, then drank her water. "Yeah- COUGH im fine."

"Lightbulb, you need to stop doing that." Paintbrush worried, putting their hand on her shoulder. "Oh I'll be fine. I've eaten twigs before!" Lightbulb dismissed them. Despite her assurance, Paintbrush couldn't stand the thought of her never coming back again.. A sudden hug from Lightbulb snapped them out of that thought. They hugged her back.

Microphone had put her dish in the sink, and put on headphones. She was probably listening to Envelope Scott ( A/N: *giggles* ), her favorite artist, if Paintbrush had to guess. Lightbulb, Microphone and Paintbrush shared a room, along with an empty bed. Microphone was usually blasting music, but eventually OJ made a rule of no loud sounds past ten PM.

Paintbrush picked up their phone. '11:47 AM'. The party started at seven PM, so they still had about seven or so hours left. Lightbulb followed Paintbrush up the stairs to the art room, where they would have an art class for the other residents to sign up for. Box was discerningly good at art, but he's the competitions most mysterious competitor, what did they expect.

Suitcase followed up behind it. Suitcase was a great painter, but Paintbrush needed to tell her to paint less unnerving things. Baseball was decent too, but his art is a bit...abstract to say the least, he usually mixed neon patterns against bright colors, but once finished it turned out less of an eyesore.

Balloon was the most recent student. He was great at painting scenes and such, but needed to work on small details, such as how to properly draw trees without making them look like a kindergartners doodle.

Paintbrush grabbed a new canvas as Lightbulb sat down and looked at her phone. They picked up a few paint buckets and brushes, and a jar of water. Dipping the brush in the water, then to the yellow paint, they lightly stroked a circle. Then a rectangle under it, facing vertically.

Eventually it was done.

Lightbulb got up to look at it. ...Shit- "Awww... You painted me!" She squealed happily. Paintbrush's expression of fear calmed down into a smile. The painting was of Lightbulb sitting in a field of flowers, holding a particular purple and pink flower up. "Hah, reminds me of the flower pin I gave you! Though, that was an anemometer flower, so I guess not." She giggled. "Anemone." Paintbrush corrected, adding some final details on the larger flowers leafs. "Right- Anenonee." Paintbrush sighed and smiled at her, putting their paintbrush back into the water cup.

"Alright, let's get ready for the party."

——————————— 6/18/23
sorry i meant to put this on every chapter, this was put on late.
anyways uhmmmm nothing to say here because I've already written the next two chapters
WHAT IS LOVE??? 😫😫😫 ( 12/22/23; i hate myzelf for saying thiz )
0100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01111001 01100101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 00101110