Jaya Fic?!??

A/N: I didn't think I liked this ship so much but I guess I do.

The Destiny's Bounty shifted carefully from side to side against the waxing and waning waves of the ocean, leading them quietly home after an adventure well traveled. While the clouds sent gifts of raindrops down from far above, they settled in for the night. Each of the ninja maintained their concerns mostly to themselves, though with the occasional quip or comment splitting the silence into comfortable chunks. Their nightly rituals went uninterrupted, hopefully leading a long chain of such nights, but they kept such hopes out of Fate's ears.
They began to sporadically settle into bed, some earlier than others, but something felt off to Kai. Nya, at least as he knew her, never passed up an opportunity to sleep early.
"Hey, have you guys seen Nya?" he asked.
The others wandered stares in random directions. A few peeked into empty rooms and down hallways. Cole returned to their sleeping quarters from his short search first.
"It's raining pretty bad, she might be out on the deck."
Some others hummed in acknowledgement.
"Can someone go get her? We should lock the deck before we sleep, unless she wants to stand guard the entire night," Lloyd said, a semi-conscious lump under some blankets.
"Jay…" Kai called lazily.
Jay, who had barely achieved a light sleep not five minutes ago, perked up.
"Wha–? She's your sister."
"She's your wife."
Jay shifted back into a comfortable lying position, fully prepared to play a silent game of wills. However, Kai's quick descent into even snores told him he had already lost.
"Ugh, fine," he said quietly.
He climbed down from his bunk and stumbled his way up to the deck. When he opened the door, on top of immediately being drenched in rain, he saw Nya sitting calmly, watching a distant storm.
"Nya!" he yelled over to her.
If she even heard, she ignored him. He called her name a few more times, eventually deciding to close the door behind him and collect her himself. His light frustration instantly washed away as she looked up to him with a warm, adoring gaze.
"Nya," he said lightly with a chuckle, "we need to get to bed."
She looked down and patted the spot next to her. Though he already missed the dryness of the inside, he complied and sat down. He brushed a soaking lock of hair from her face. Once she had the chance, she pulled him closer by the waist and maintained her grasp around him, resting her head on his shoulder.
"You're beautiful, Jay."
She said it like it was the only thing she knew how to say. After a glance at the deck door, he returned her hold of him. A close portion of ocean water in front of them danced in irregular, complex patterns. Jay pulled her closer into more of a hug.
"Oh, I see what's going on here," he smiled.
The ninja had long since identified feelings of fondness that come with proximity to their respective elements, but only more recently the impairment that results from being around it too long, like becoming drunk off of their own connection with the universe. Nya, being one of the only masters whose element came in giant pools larger than comprehension, found herself particularly prone to such drunkenness.
"You're waterlogged," Jay teased.
She responded to his teasing by burrowing herself further into him. A rumble she thought was his belly turned out to be the slowly approaching storm. He rested a hand on her head.
"We have to go inside," he said, "the storm could be bad news, and I don't like being wet."
Nya searched for one of his hands and interlaced their fingers. He initially sighed at what he thought was a silent protest, but his clothes suddenly felt light and warm against his skin.
"I'll keep the water off you if you can keep me from being electrocuted," she proposed.
Amazingly, as he looked up into the rain, each drop curved away from him. The wood beneath where he sat was lighter in color, inexplicably dry. Nya bunted his chest with her face.
"Yeah, I guess I can do that…" he trailed off.
Her body was turned towards Jay, always searching for a good spot to lay herself into, but her eyes remained fixed on the incoming storm, lightning bouncing between clouds like words between lovers.
"You know," she said to him, almost in a whisper, "the vast majority of lightning bolts strike over land instead of water. But when they do strike the water, they're way more powerful than usual."
She leaned a bit to the side, coaxing him to turn so she could kiss him, but he never caught her signal. She settled for kissing his cheek.
"That feels like an innuendo, but I'm not quite getting it," he admitted awkwardly.
She closed her eyes and laughed, letting them lay half-lidded when she opened them again.
"I'm just saying we bring out the strongest parts of each other."
Before kissing him this time, she manually turned his head with her finger. He hummed in confusion at first, but sunk into it when she leaned in. His lungs forced him to pull away, but he enjoyed the admiring sight of his wife just as much. Raindrops drenched her entire body.
"You're soaking," he said, cupping her face, "are you sure you're okay?"
She nodded immediately, but a verbal response took a few seconds.
"I love it," she said, breathy, "I love you. Y'know what we should do?"
She snapped her gaze back to the storm, much closer but still distant enough to make distant rumblings instead of sudden booms.
"We should swim out into the ocean together towards that storm, and we can just merge with the ocean and the light, and every time the storm strikes the water, it'll be like an 'I love you' from you to me, and every time a dewdrop evaporates into the sky, it'll be like one from me to you, and it'll just be me and you together for as long as time lives."
She pulled Jay in closer and closer until she was speaking right into his collarbone. He held her like that for several moments afterwards.
"Don't you have, like, a brother and some friends you're forgetting about?" he smiled.
She sighed.
"Yeahhh… But we could be like the storm and the sea, it'd be so romantic," she said.
Just then, a lightning bolt from the storm flashed night into day, then struck the water with such force that a ring of boiled steam dispersed around it. The resulting shock spread through the ocean like dye in water, hitting the Destiny's Bounty and zipping up the outer wood that protected it. Suddenly, Jay felt a flood of warmth and contentment wash over him.
"The storm and the sea," he repeated.
For several hours, they sat in each other's secure embrace, watching the lightning pass around them and the rain continue to beat down from above. However, at some point, though he remembered nothing of falling asleep, Jay suddenly awoke to a clear sky and rising morning sun, warmly illuminating Nya's adorable, but unfortunately very damp form. At least it wouldn't be the first time.