Chapter 2

As the golden light of dawn gently caressed the room, a tranquil silence enveloped the chamber. The soft breaths of the maiden echoed in the stillness, her peaceful countenance bathed in the ethereal glow of morning. She lay there, a portrait of serenity, her visage radiant with the innocence of a dreamer lost in reverie.

The room itself seemed to hold its breath, as if in awe of the beauty before it. The delicate tendrils of sunlight, like graceful fingers, reached through the gaps in the heavy curtains, tracing patterns of warmth upon the slumbering maiden's face. It was a sight that stirred the heart and awakened a sense of wonder.

The maiden's features, delicate and refined, seemed to belong to another realm. Her lips, adorned with a gentle curve, hinted at the secrets hidden within her dreams. In that moment, she appeared as a celestial being, a muse captured in a fleeting moment of tranquility.

Seated upon a small stool next to the bed, a woman gazed intently upon the sleeping figure of the girl before her. Every contour of the girl's features was scrutinized by her watchful eyes, silently pondering if she had encountered these details before. The girl's complexion was immaculately flawless, kissed by the sun's warm rays, while her lustrous blonde tresses cascaded over the pillow. Her delicate roseate lips bore a striking resemblance to that of an ethereal being.

A faint knock on the door drew the lady's attention away from the slumbering girl. Her gaze fixed on the entrance as two maids stood poised outside, their arms cradling a platter of luscious fruits and a jug brimming with crystal-clear water. Their heads bowed reverently as they awaited the lady's approval to enter the chamber. She returned their nod, signaling them to proceed.

The sudden sound had roused the sleeping girl, and as she blinked her eyes open, she took in her unfamiliar surroundings. Her eyes widened in amazement as she took in the grandeur of the chamber, easily the largest she had ever seen. The soft mattress beneath her seemed to cradle her like a cloud, and as she glanced upwards, she was greeted by the sight of a massive moon-shaped light hanging from the ceiling, its glow casting a serene light throughout the room. Her blue eyes remained fixed on the celestial object, mesmerized by its beauty.

The young girl's gaze flickered towards the woman by her side, who met her stare with unwavering focus. Startled by the intensity of the older woman's gaze, a tentative smile played on the girl's lips. But her heart was pounding erratically within her chest, and her mind raced to concoct an escape plan. She vividly recalled being drugged in the forest, and could only conclude that it must have been that stupid kid who had followed her there. There seemed to be no other plausible explanation for the ordeal.

As she found herself captive and taken away from her home, Adira felt a wave of anger boiling inside of her. Despite this, she managed to keep a composed expression as she surveyed the woman watching over her. The lady sitting beside her had a complexion that was as radiant as the full moon on a clear night. Her skin was smooth, unblemished, and glowed with a natural luminosity that was impossible to ignore. Her eyes were wide and clear, resembling the tranquil waters of a babbling brook in the forest, and her long, dark lashes framed them perfectly.