6-Monday: Evening (Henry)

Following the screams of his friend, Henry fired his gun into every noise. Killing innocent critters. Who strangely wore clothes. A true sign that Del Wood was indeed not of this world.

The air was cold as he sweat, those screams were terror screams. An old man like that being so horrified. What could've caused that?

Henry came upon the same clearing as Dick had after walking through some thick mud. He felt wet, brown dirt seep through his boots, his legs were wobbly from all the uphill walking.

Shining in moonlight was Dick's corpse. Skinless. He could clearly see the man's skull.

"SHIT! What the fuck is this place? I gotta get outta here!"

From across where the father stood, passed the corpse and among thick trees, a black shape walked. Shrouded in darkness. He thought maybe it was a fellow hunter, a forest ranger, or a cop. Then he noticed the shape had triangular ears and between its legs, a tail? Henry yelped and fired his gun, the bullet struck the creature in the shoulder, and it staggered back. Giving the hunter a few moments to turn around and run. Towards the camp.

Running through Del Wood at night, he tripped over his own feet a few times. Clutching tall trees as he ran. He grew tired, out of breath. Running wasn't his thing. Though he prayed to God he'd somehow get a burst of energy.

As he ran, Henry felt his body fall sideways. Some root had tangled the laces on his boot, and he rolled down a hill. No matter what, he couldn't stop himself from rolling. His rifle flew from his hands as he tried to stop his frumpy body from this torture.

He landed after a few moments. He must have blacked out because time seemed to disappear.

***

I know I was running toward my son before. Retracing my steps. Now where am I? My head hurts. I think I feel warm blood dripping down my temple.

Henry stood with a groan, behind him was the large, dirty hill he had tumbled down. A mud slide which seemed larger than any he had ever seen. No trees were in this area. Just tall grass which went up to his knees.

Turning, he scrambled to try to climb the mud slide. He lay on his belly, trying to propel himself up back to the forest, but he soon came slipping down again. He tried again and again. Each time making no new progress.

He whimpered as he stood in the field. His clothes caked in mud, his body sore. "HELP! Somebody! Please! Nathan! HELP! DEL WOOD SUCKS!"

Squinting his eyes, he saw the same shape again a few feet away. Standing among the endless field. Although this time, the moon shined bright enough, and he got a good look at what was lurking.

Orange fur. A sinewy, human body covered in fur. Head and tail of a fox. What the hell?

Like lightning, Fox raced toward the man, it was an inhuman speed. Like a dog chasing after a rabbit or cat. Henry was more robust than Fox, but the anthropomorphic creature was able to knock the human down to his back. His black claws gripped the man's throat.

"What the hell are you?" Henry choked, eyes wide in terror.

Fox couldn't speak. Or he refused too. The hunter was in such a state of shock he really wasn't thinking. It just growled and knelt upon the man. Its fur wasn't shiny like a costume, it was mangled. With clumps missing, revealing tan flesh underneath. Anger. That's what Henry felt looking deep into the eyes of Fox. Anger for killing the majestic deer earlier? Or was this an anger toward all of humanity? The fact that he and people like him had trampled onto his land and shot his friends.

Fox balled his fist and slammed it into Henry's nose. Breaking it. A crack and a yell followed.

Fox punched again, same spot. Blood oozed down his nostrils, and everything turned black.

***

He did not feel the breeze of night. He didn't feel the grass beneath him.

Through blurred vision at first, he saw he was in a nice cabin. He could smell food, some sort of meat. In the middle of the room was a large table with metal cuffs. The bloody corpse of Sawyer lies there. Clumps of flesh were missing. Cut. Perhaps eaten.

In one corner, a work bench with endless amounts of surgical tools. Well, truthfully, they were tools for carpentry. In another corner, there was a blazing fireplace.

"What the hell?" Henry sighed. Trying to move.

Standing in front of him was a large bear on hind legs, biceps huge with a stern expression.

Emerging from a room in the cabin was Fox. Both Bear and Fox now stand, staring at Sawyer as he wiggles and cries for freedom. Both animals were nude, covered in dirt. Like cavemen, but animalistic in look.

Looking down, Henry realized he too was nude. He got a glimpse of his small cock and fatty legs.

"Guys I'm sorry! I'm sorry...for whatever I did! I'll never come to Del Wood again! Please just...talk to me! Is it the deer? Did I shoot your friend? I'll quit eating meat! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" He yelled at the top of his lungs. Snot bubbling from his nose.

Fox and Bear communicated in grunts, the two looked like they were smiling. Enjoying watching a man, specifically a rough and tough hunter, squirm and beg for his life. How many lives had Henry taken? How many deer? How many burgers? Was this truly a vengeance waiting to happen? Was this karma?

Fox left the cabin, Bear stood watching Henry. Sometimes growling to make his skin crawl. Where was Fox going? In Henry's mind, whatever was about to happen next wouldn't be good.