Chapter 4

I jolted awake. The only reason I didn't sit up out of shock, was because Aleksander's arm was slung around my waist.

I looked down at him, images of my dream, or nightmare really, flooded back to me.

My heart was beating fast as his words repeated over and over in my mind.

'I have no need for Anya. She's useless to me.'

I felt Aleksander tighten his grip on my waist, as his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, Pchelka." He said, his voice deep with sleep. Just the sound of his voice calmed me down. Saints, the power this man held over me.

"Good morning." I said softly, passing my hand through his hair, to get it out of his eyes.

He smiled mischievously and leaned towards me. Our lips met, calming me down even more. He wrapped an arm around me as he used the other to lift himself above me. His embrace felt comforting as his lips sent sparks flying through me wherever they touched my skin.

The hand he wasn't using to hold himself up slid down to my hip. My hands went up to his hair, tugging on some strands every now and then.

"Alina."

It was like the wind had whispered into my ear. It was so soft and faint, but I still heard it.

I pulled away from Aleksander and looked into his eyes, questioningly.

"Did you say something?" I asked, a bit distressed. This can't be happening. A dream is one thing, reality is another.

Aleksander shook his head, comfortingly rubbing my hip bone. "No, I didn't say anything."

I sighed, pushing my hair out of my face.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, sliding out from under him. "I'm just- I didn't sleep so well." I lied.

"Don't apologize, Anya."

Hearing him say my name brought a small smile to my face.

Anya. He said Anya. Not Alina.

"I know." I said, folding my arms over my chest. I quickly glanced behind me. No mirror. I sighed a sigh of relief before looking back in front of me. "It's just-"

"No." He interrupted, walking over to me. "There is no 'just'. You don't have to apologize."

I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his underarms. I was feeling a bit better, but my dream still filled a part of my thoughts. I hoped it would quickly leave.

"I'm going to go get ready. I told Anna I would go visit her earlier today." I explained, not moving from my spot.

"Okay." He said softly, his head tilted to the side.

I smiled and pulled myself out of his grasp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I was dressed, I quickly kissed Aleksander goodbye, before leaving our room and his office.

I walked upon the deck, my skirt moving with my legs. I usually wore my Kefta, which meant I couldn't wear big skirts, to my dismay. But today I had decided that my Kefta was overrated anyway. The thing that would lift my mood after my terrible dream would be big skirts, so that's what I was wearing.

I arrived to the infirmary door to see it already open. I walked in my heels hitting loudly against the white floorboards of the room.

The sound made the inhabitants of the room turn their head towards me.