Chapter 13: Jessie's Guilt

After Ash fails to beat Brock, he spends time out late training with Pkkachu with Flint and successfully gets himself a gym badge, with Brock deciding to give it to him. Now with a new friend in Brock, the group of five leave Pewter City.

"Hey, Ash, are you sure it's okay if I go with you on your Pokemon journey?" Brock asked.

"Sure, the more, the merrier, and it's good to have somebody to talk with, " Ash commented.

"Well, what about Samantha and Cody and that girl who keeps following you?" Brock asked.

Ash looked back at Misty.

"Don't forget about my bike, Ash Ketchum!" Misty shouted, annoyed."I'm going to follow you until you pay me back!"

"I know, I know!" Ash said."Pikachu, let's try to lose her, " Ash said, running forward with Pikachu close behind.

"Chu!"

"Wait up, Ash!" Brock called out, going after him.

"You won't get away!" Misty shouted, going after them.

Cody sighed and looked at his sister.

"You sure you want to keep traveling with them?" Cody asked.

"I guess they're pretty loud, but it probably makes it easier to keep my mind off of thinking about my sister after seeing her back in Viridian City, "Sam said."Though if you prefer to leave and travel without that, okay, I won't stop you, and if you want me to come and travel in a duo, I won't refuse. "

"Come on, Anna, tell me which one you want the most me to stay, and we travel with them or the two of us in a duo? You know I never leave you, " Cody asked.

"Vulpix, " Kitsune said, wanting to know what her trainer wanted to do.

Samantha looked at the three running ahead, closing her eyes and thinking about which one.

"How about we stay with them for now? It could be fun, but if it because too much for me to put up with, then leave them," She replied.

"Alright then, let's go before we end up getting too far behind," Cody said, grabbing Samatha's hand as Kitsune moved on her shoulder and out of her arms.

"Your right," Samantha said.

Samantha and Cody ran forward to catch up with Ash, Brock,  and Misty when they stopped seeing a hole.

"Huh, what a hole  doing here?" Samantha said, looking down at the hole.

"I don't know, Anna, let's just go around it, " Cody said.

"Right, let's go," Samantha agreed as she and Cody continued to run and catch on up with Ah and the rest of the gang.

***

Meanwhile, near a dirt path...

After finally getting out of a failed attempt at a pit trap from last night and being stuck in it, Jessie, James, and Meowth are heading toward Mt. Moon, thinking about their next plan. Well, mostly James and Meowth were.  Jessie's mind was currently busy with focus on her little siblings that she hadn't seen for years now.

"Hey Jessie, everything okay?" James looked at Jessie and pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Oh yeah," Jessie replied, lying to James.

'I'm not okay.  I just can't stop thinking about my two siblings and ignoring my little sister after seeing her after so long.,' Jessie thought, pulling a picture in her pocket and looking at the pic of her five-year-old self and her baby siblings the day they were born.

"Your sure, Jess, because you seem like something wrong," Meowth said, not believing her.

"Fine, your right. I'm not okay, " Jessie sighed, putting away the picture.

"What the matter?" James asked.

"Yeah, Jess, what's wrong?  You can tell us we're a team, plus we can't get anything done if you are distracted," Meowth stated.

'Meowth, right? Maybe I should tell them what the matter is. ' Jessie thought, glancing at her teammates.

"It just I feel, " Jessie started."You know what, it's not necessary, " Jessie said, deciding not to talk about it.

"Come on; you feel what, Jessie?" James asked.

"Fine, it's just I have been feeling bad about how I treated my little sister and brother back in Viraidan City, " Jessie sighed."It was not seeing them, but we just aren't  meant to be reunited, at least not yet."

"Why that?" Meowth asked.

"Yeah, is there a reason you left them years ago?" James asked.

Jessie sighed as her mind wandered down memory lane lf her past but shook her head."Let's forget about it not really that important. We better get to Mt. Moon, " She stated.

"You sure you don't want to talk about it?" James asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Let's just get back to work, " Jessie said, walking forward.

James and Meowth sighed as they look like at each other and then at Jessie before they continued their way to Mt. Moon, deciding they couldn't force Jessie to talk about her past if she wasn't ready to do so yet.

💞💞💞

Hello Readers!

I hope you enjoyed chapter 13 of The Tale of Two Twins, in this sort of filler base chapter. Cody questions Samantha if she wants to stay with them as they're leaving Pewter City,  and Jessie is thinking about her younger siblings and feeling bad about ignoring them. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the rewrite so far compared to the old story that took place in Jhoto.

Q: When do you hope for Jessie to reunite with her younger siblings finally?

Thanks for reading!

Cody's Team:

Charmander [Kaji] (M) [Growl, Ember, Scratch]

Mankey [Alvara] (F) [Low Kick, Scratch, Leer]

Nidoran [Aruthr] (M) [Tackle, Horn Attack, Leer, Double kick]

At Professor Oak's lab

Samantha Team:

On Hand

Vulpix [Kitsune] (F) [Tail Whip, Ember, Swift]

Horsea [Anahita] (F) [Bubble, Ice Beam, Smokescreen, Water Gun]

Tangela [Ceaser] (M) [Constrict, Vine whip, Absorb, Sleep Powder]

Professor Oak's lab

Word Count: 965