Protogen - Nebula

The once shy and reserved navigational officer of the Divine Intervention, Nebula was one of the first to ask for her own team, one of only a few. She knew she didn't want to work for the new galactic government, and she knew that she didn't want to sit idle and train new protogen in the art of Flows.

And so, she requested a team. With a ship built in the bowels of The Forge by Axel and Scion themselves, The Thousand was born. She knew not of why it was named that, nor did she really mind to find out. She was giddy to explore the universe, its vast cosmos, after it had nearly been all wiped away.

To say the fight with Divento changed her values of life and the meaning of it was to put it mildly.

She brought along Aberration as her own navigational officer, and second in command. The Forge and The Divine Institute worked together to both outsource and make new protogen for her team, one based on archival, and of physics.

Nebula headed the team as its new captain, having nearly ten other protogen under her service, and employing even some other species fresh out from The Divine Institute.

Her goal was simple; the universe was beautiful, and that beauty must be remembered.

Little can be said about her efficacy, one of the blinding lights high in the cosmos, showing off the pinnacle of how one must lead. Efficient but kind, Nebula takes charge so that nothing in the brilliant chaos of the universe is ever threatened to be lost. Bringing along historians, archivists, archeologists, and guardsmen to protect them, herself included, she knows what her purpose here is now.

As The Historian, Nebula will make her mark on history, and she will make sure all who were a part of it are remembered. Even if it kills her. And that is the reason she got The Black Letter, in case she needed to be called, along with Aberration, if the history and the beauty of that cosmos was ever threatened again.

For now, she and her crew aboard The Thousand roam the cosmos, arriving and cataloging planets, meeting the inhabitants and learning their culture, never mingling too long to affect anything substantial, and they always answer distress calls if need be.

There is beauty in everything, as there is darkness. And Nebula wants to make sure that both are remembered. For the sake of all the beautiful chaos.

Story - Thousands, Thousands of Suns

The light. That beautiful, bright, colorful light.

Photons break through millions of kilometers of gasses and debris, bending around gravitational anomalies, splashing around the pull of stars and the dome of moons. Billions upon billions upon trillions of stars and planets, galaxies far and wide.

Nebula saw all this through her room's window, claws pressed tight against the cold glass. The universe, vast as it was, cast in the great inferno of its creation. Her eyes were wide, dark simulated bangs hanging from her bright pixels.

There was an abstract enchanting mystique to the wonder of it. Nebula stretched her claws across the glass, feeling the coolness of the supremely cold outside seep through the highly tempered glass. She felt it go through the nerves in her claws, felt it spread deep and spread into her palm.

She let out a cool shiver, retreating her hand from the glass. Her breath was uneasy, without rhythm. Her body was sore, dirtied by caked mud and dust, her armor was slightly cracked, and her pristine fur was ravaged by matting and sweat. But she felt content.

It was "night", more aptly, resting time aboard The Thousand. They had just finished another 24-hour spree of working to recover the planet below them, a ravaged planet by Pattern-Screamers. They had gotten there in time to save the species and its cultures, but much like the Mosomarians, there were few of them left.