Chapter 1

I woke up in a crystalline field. More specifically under a giant purple tree. Which from stories I heard as a kid I knew was the Great Tree of Divination. The tree the first Diviner foresaw when she foresaw the space radiation. I grabbed a leaf that fell from a branch. "Hello. I'm glad to see you tree. But I wasn't expecting you back to soon. It's only been at least a week since I last dreamed of you. Anyway I need to wake up. So I'll see you later," I said. I leaned back against the tree and left the dream.

I woke up in my bed. Specifically with my face in the pillow. I sat up on my bed and smelled pancakes. "Dad must be making breakfast," I said. I hopped out of bed and started getting ready. I put my purple, shoulder length hair in a quick ponytail and changed into my casual outfit. A nice white shirt, a black and silver coat that I cut holes in the armpits of because I like the sleeves swaying behind me when I walk, black pants and my purple sneakers on. Then, I grabbed my Connect Brace-the technological brace created by the Connect Corporation-and put it on my wrist. The Connect Corporation logo-a power button symbol-holographically appeared and showed my time on how fast I got ready. "Nice. 4 minutes, 22 seconds, and .3 milliseconds. A new record," I said. I used my connect brace to materialize my school uniform. The Connect Corporation logo appeared from my Brace again and showed a call coming from my best friend Gina Khrix. I picked up. "Hey Gina," I said as Gina's holographic image appeared. "Hey bestie. Gina's light blue hair almost blended it with the hologram's colored projection light. Her dark skin and brown eyes stood out the most along with the school uniform she was wearing. "Hey. Big day! And it's finally here!" Gina exclaimed. "Yeah I know. This is amazing. We got into the Academy. The best school for heroes in the country," I said. "Oh I gotta go my mom's calling me," Gina said. "Yeah my dad's making breakfast today. Later," I said before hanging up. I packed my school bag quick and went out to the kitchen.