Chapter - 3

It had been about a week since moving to Pelican Town and you had done pretty well so far. You had harvested your parsnips and they all came out looking very nice which made you very happy. You met Willy who was the local fisherman and he taught you how to fish. Not to brag but, you were basically a pro at it now. Speaking of meeting people, you had met everyone in town...well sort of. You had met Emily, Clint, Harvey, Caroline, Jodi, Granny Evelyn, and a bunch of others but that Sebastian guy was always just out of reach. He was never in the place people said he would be and if he was, you would be too late and he would've left already. He had really sparked your interest and now you were more determined than ever to meet this ghost of a boy.

Today was just like any other, except for the fact it was raining which means you didn't have to water crops! You muttered a little, "Lets go!" Under your breath when you woke up hearing the pitter patter of rain on your window. Unfortunately, it would be sunny tomorrow so that meant more watering crops for you. You didn't think many people would be out today so it would be a pretty good day to forage and fish without being disturbed. You found that a good money maker was taking things you found around town or in the forest, like daffodils or leeks, and they gave you quite a bit of profit. Thank you Mother Nature. You were debating on going mining today because you got a letter the day before telling you that the pathway to them was cleared, but you weren't mentally prepared to get attacked by whatever lurked down there.

You walked past your growing plants, which have expanded in variety since the first day. You had gone to Pierre's and got yourself bean starters and potato's. You were about to leave when you saw the little red flag up on your mailbox, you hadn't gotten mail since Willy sent you a letter. You opened it up and saw a singular letter in a basic white envelope. You tore it open to reveal a purple note with an incredibly detailed background. The lettering was in a fancy cursive and very neat.

'My sources tell me you've been poking around inside the old community center. Why don't you pay me a visit? My chambers are west of the forest lake, in the stone tower. I may have information concerning your... 'rat problem'.     -M. Rasmodius, Wizard'

Well, this wasn't what you were expecting today. The day prior, you had walked up to Mayor Lewis who was standing in front of the run down building. He told you it was the community center and it used to be full of people doing different activities, but it was completely out of order now. When you walked inside, you could've sworn that you saw an apple like creature with a face and limbs. It scared you half to death but Lewis had convinced you that it was just a rat and that they had been having a rat problem there. He suggested that you should try and catch the rats and that he would keep the building unlocked for you. You found a shiny golden tablet but it had words that you couldn't understand so you left it be.

If this so called wizard had information on the 'rat problem' then you had to find him. Maybe this town had more secrets then you had originally thought. The quickest way to the tower would be through the bottom exit of your farm near Marnie's Ranch and Leah's house, but to get there, you'd have to make your way through a fuck ton of foliage and debris. You make your way down to the exit, finding a large pond near the bottom and a lot more pine tree's than up near your house. You began to think you wouldn't find an exit but you saw an opening in between the cliffs and a muffled 'moo' from the other side. Sighing in relief, you ma///ke your way through, popping out right next to the ranch. You pulled out the letter to figure out where the wizards tower would be.

'...west of the forest lake, in the stone tower.' You started walking away from Leah's house and as far west as you could go until you stopped when you saw a pointy roof peeking over the cliffside. You didn't know how to reach it though, so you started to climb the cliff. You carefully placed your foot on a rock, making sure it was sturdy enough to hold you. You pushed yourself up with your hands, slowly but surely ascending the side until you made it to the top. After pushing yourself up onto the grass, you flopped onto your back, chest heaving as you panted. When you stood up, you got a clear view of the tower. It was build with cracked and vine covered bricks, making it look old and abandoned. As you walked toward the tower, you saw an opening in the cliffs which gave easy access to the tower. Are you serious? You couldn't have found that earlier?