Chapter 57: Back And Better Than Ever

As the car rolled into the school parking lot, Keishin stood there, anticipation etched across his face. His eyes lit up with delight as he caught sight of (y/n) emerging from the vehicle, crutches in hand, determination gleaming in her eyes.

"Finally back, Jinx!" Keishin greeted her with a playful grin, reaching out to ruffle her hair in a brotherly manner. His touch was met with a swift retaliation as (y/n) swatted his hand away, a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes.

"Hey, hands off,!" she retorted, a smirk playing on her lips. "I'm back and better than ever! Managed to get some work done too! Just look at these."

She triumphantly pulled out a stack of notes and papers from her bag, showcasing her efforts. Keishin's gaze shifted from her face to the contents of her hands, a mixture of pride and gratitude swelling within him.

"Great work!" Keishin complimented, genuine admiration lacing his words. "This will really help the team. You're truly something, Jinx."

There was a profound sense of gratitude that Keishin held for his sister. While he rarely expressed it openly, he treasured the fact that she had chosen to lend her expertise to the boys' team instead of pursuing her own path in the girls' team. It was an unspoken acknowledgment of her selflessness, her unwavering commitment to the sport they both held dear.

In that moment, their eyes locked, and a silent understanding passed between them—a bond that transcended words. Keishin knew that (y/n) had the potential to achieve great things, not only as a player but also as a mentor and guide to her teammates. And though he might never admit it aloud, he was grateful beyond measure for her presence and the impact she had on their volleyball family.

With a lopsided grin, Keishin's voice softened as he spoke. "You know, Jinx, I'm glad you're part of this team. Your dedication and passion, it's inspiring. Don't ever forget that."

And as they made their way towards the gym, the echoes of their laughter filled the air, a testament to the unbreakable bond of family, fueled by their shared love for the game they cherished.

Hobbling into the gymnasium, the vibrant atmosphere engulfed (y/n) as the familiar sounds of squeaking shoes and volleyballs hitting the ground filled the air. A contagious glee bubbled within her, causing her to emit a delighted squeal. The moment her eyes locked with Bokuto's, his enthusiasm erupted into a joyous cry, amplifying the excitement that reverberated throughout the gym.

Like a wave, the rest of the team caught sight of (y/n) and surged forward, their steps propelled by concern and anticipation. Yaku and Sugawara, assuming their roles as the team's guardians, swiftly swatted away their teammates, creating a protective bubble around (y/n). Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Yamamoto growled in a mock defensive stance, ready to fend off anyone who dared to encroach upon their injured teammate.

With great care, they guided (y/n) to the bench, ensuring she was comfortably seated. However, their efforts to guard her were short-lived as the rest of the team swarmed around her once more, their inquiries pouring out in an eager torrent. 

Hinata, Lev, and Inuoka couldn't contain their curiosity and bombarded (y/n) with a flurry of questions about the accident. Their wide-eyed enthusiasm was palpable as they leaned in, eager to hear every detail. Meanwhile, Kageyama's usually composed demeanor faltered, and his gaze nervously swept over (y/n), concern etched across his face. It was clear that he was deeply worried about her well-being, his usual stoicism giving way to a flicker of vulnerability.

Daichi and Ennoshita swiftly joined Sugawara and Yaku in their collective mission to ensure (y/n)'s comfort. With unwavering determination, they meticulously arranged cushions and pillows around her, creating a makeshift nest of support. Meanwhile, Yamaguchi stepped forward, his gentle nature shining through as he carefully aided Tsukishima in elevating (y/n)'s injured leg, taking extra care to position it at a comfortable angle.