𝟎𝟑𝟒 can't kill my daughters guardian

Chapter thirty four,

can't kill my daughters guardian

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

    GALE WAS FRUSTRATED she didn't necessarily trust Kirby to keep her niece, and the rest of the kids safe, ranting to her friend – Yes, she actually had friends, "Can you actually believe her, no talk show hosts my ass. Argh, well excuse me that I don't trust her with the kids!" She argued.

   Brooks who appeared into view, speaking towards her, "Well — It's, maybe a good thing just in case things go a bit south, it's probably best you stay here to be safe. . ." He had reassured her before he continued, "Santiago ain't here tonight?" He had shoved some more raisins in his mouth.

   Gale shook her head, "Apparently he has work today." She shrugged her shoulders, "Also. . . I'm trying not to get attached to him, especially now." Sadness was laced all over her voice, she really didn't want to get attached to someone, especially now.

   What if he dies?

   She still missed him, Dewey Riley.

   But, she wanted happiness. Unfortunately, she didn't think it was meant for her — It's not meant for everyone, and that's okay.

   Brooks exhaled his breath, "You know it doesn't hurt to let someone else in. . ." He had gently said to her, "I'm not telling you to move on, and just forget him, Dewey Riley —" The phone ringing interrupted his speech, "I'll get it." He retorted, he approached the phone, his body stiffened.

   He had hesitantly turned his head, eyes quickly glancing at Gale, and speaking, "He says it's the killer." He gulped.

   Gale had immediately gotten up, gently snatched the phone from her friends hand, "Hello?" She deadpanned.

   The disorientated voice spoke, "Hello, Gale. Strange that you and I have never spoken over the phone. . . this is long overdue." He retorted.

   Gale had boringly answered him, voice also laced with annoyance, "I agree." She lightly tapped her friends shoulder, and just ushering him into dialing the police.

   Taunting Gale, "I figured after all these years, you'd want an interview." He commented.

   Gale softly sighed into the phone, speaking, "You'd figure right, so what's your motive this time? You angry at the movies? Or, you're just trying to remain relevant." She sassed back.