Chapter 8 - Sadness is there but where? (1)

"While he's still healthy, he should run around and have fun. Not stay by my side and cry like a sad cat."

- Carlos Henituse

B- narration in first person

I - narration from the memories of an omniscient perspective
N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

Cough!

"D-Don't come any closer Kiki..." A shaking hand gently shoved his twin away from the bed. "You might catch my cold."

It was a common occurrence, for a young child to catch a cold, especially in such a rainy season. 

"H-hyung." The shaky voice Cale let out was enough for Carlos to shut his eyes tighter, he doesn't want to see it. His always smiling brother tearing up.

"This is normal Kiki!" Carlos laughed yet remained looking away, not meeting Cale's gaze. "I practiced too much under the rain after all." 

"...face..."

"Hm what- ugh!"

Carlos grunts feeling the weight of something on top of him only to meet the tear-filled eyes of his brother.

"Then meet my eyes and say it to my face!! You think I'll believe what you're saying when you're not even meeting my eyes?!"

Cale's tear-filled eyes were so clear that he can even see his reflection in it. Weak, sick, and can't even muster the strength to push his ever-weak brother away.

"Because..." Carlos trailed off before biting his lips and once again turning away from his brother. 

Because you'll make a sad expression like that again and I don't want that! 

How come you don't cry no matter how painful you are feeling but cry so loudly when another is in pain?! 

"And now you're not even giving me a reply!" 

Perhaps because the book was telling the story from the older Henituse's perspective, the people outside the memory are not able to see Cale's reaction because of how Carlos with his every bit of effort is trying so much to not look at Cale's face but from the shaking voice of their young master, along with the glimpse of his teary face when he forced his brother to look at him.  Cale was really upset. 

"Look at me and talk to me damn it!" 

"Young master!" 

"Cale what is happening!" 

The two were probably too occupied to even notice Ron and Jour walking in the room and the two adults were greeted by the meek and usually quiet younger twin of the house screaming on top of his sick older twin. Ron immediately rushed in to separate the two but maybe because of how the act surprised him Cale let out a yelp causing his brother to instinctively tugged his brother back and growled. However, upon seeing that his brother was in the hands of their butler, Carlos gently let go of Cale's hand and tucked himself to sleep. 

"Ron keep Cale away from this room for a while. "

"This is how you resolve this?! By not talking to me?! Shutting me off instead of giving me the response?! Just because you don't want to see the face I'm making when you're in this state?!" 

Yes. 

"You coward!" 

I'm sorry Cale.