V

after much walking in blazing heat, you both arrived at school. you had separate classes and therefore went your separate ways, but waved each other off before.

the whole day, morning to evening, you kept thinking about him. the words you both exchanged repeated in your head over and over like a movie.

you never thought the simple words 'i want you here' could actually affect you that much. for the first time in what very much felt like forever- you had something to look forward to.

you decided you wanted to go to scaramouche's class and walk with him to the train station.

that was, until you stumbled across something you weren't supposed to hear.

//

taking a momentary hesitation was something you always did before you entered a classroom. but then, you heard voices from inside, and one that sounded like scaramouche.

you stood outside the door, listening in.

"it's not like I actually like her. i just felt bad, you know?" scaramouche's voice said.

"hey, aren't you the one who convinced everyone to bully her?" some other girl's voice spoke up.

"so what? she deserves it, it's her own fault she has no friends. she never made an effort to socialise, and then expects people to like her?" some boy added on with a condescending tone.

you felt sick, like all the dread that had been building up all these weeks had just stabbed you right through the heart. not sparing any more time, you walked out of school by yourself.

heart thudding and shaking a little, you made your way to the station alone.