Chapter 4.

A few hours later, Ni-ki woke up. And about 30 minutes after, Heeseung did too. They both came pit of their wards, met, and waited for y/n to wake up.

"I'm sorry." Said Ni-ki. "There's no need to be sorry. You didn't plan for the accident to happen." Replied Heeseung. "Still, if I had let both of you finish your lectures, none of this would have happened." Said Ni-ki wearily.

The injuries they had both sustained were severe. Ni-ki had a broken arm and a fractured neck, while Heeseung had a broken leg, and had sustained an injury to the head due to the broken glass.

After some time, y/n finally regained consciousness. The doctor asked, "How are you feeling?" y/n ignored this question and looked around the ward. "y/n I'm truly sorry for what happened. None of this would have happened without me. Please accept my apology." pleaded Ni-ki. 

"It's fine." responded y/n. "But why is everywhere quiet? I thought the machines would be beeping or something, but I don't hear a single thing."

Ni-ki, Heeseung and the doctor were surprised at y/n's statement because the machines were beeping, at a very high pitch at that. 

The doctor attempted to test something, by asking, "Can you hear me?" yet again, y/n ignored his question. 

"I had a fear this might happen." said the doctor. "What is it? You're scaring me," asked Heeseung concerningly. 

"During the surgery, there was something odd about the tissue in her ear. We suspected it was a disease, but it was very rare, and we couldn't just jump to conclusions."

"Which disease?? Is she going to be alright?!" queried Heeseung. "Well, it's not a disease, but a medical condition. It's called Mysoglopomiasis. It makes it so that she can only hear two people, her true love and her soulmate, which in this case, is only one person." said the Doctor while looking at Ni-ki.

"What disease? Do I have a disease??" asked y/n. "Nevermind, it's two people." concluded the doctor. "I think you must be mistaken. Judging by the way she acts toward me, I CANT be her true love, but at the same time, I CANT be her soulmate," said Heeseung. "True love, soulmate? Wth are you talking about?" asked y/n. 

"Don't worry about it. You're perfectly fine." said Ni-ki. "Then what was Heeseung ranting about?" asked y/n. "He's just not feeling all too right.  think it's a side effect of the accident or something. Anyways, Heeseung can I speak to you for a minute?" Ni-ki asked. "I don't think I should leave--" "LET'S GO." interrupted Ni-ki, ah he dragged Heeseung out of the ward.

"What's going on?" asked Heeseung as they stepped outside. "What do you mean by what's going on? I thought you would be jumping for joy after you heard that." teased Ni-ki. "Heard what?" asked Heeseung as he played dumb. "C'mon. I remember vividly, that you told me in high school, that you liked a girl named y/n. That's why you rejected all the girls. if I was chosen as most handsome, I would have taken that to my advantage. But you just wasted your love on a girl that doesn't even love you back."

"Hush. Let's just go back inside." said Heeseung. They went back into y/n's ward and stayed as long as they could with her trying to explain what the doctor had said.