<thirty-six>

'carl's coming ovr.' daryl informed me as he looked over my head.

i turned around and saw carl walking over. behind him, rick was carrying lori and michonne was carrying rj. meanwhile Judith ran in front. she went straight to daryl, dragging him away slightly and whispering something in his ear. i watched his face light up before turning my attention back to carl who was now approaching.

'there you are.' he pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head, and then my cheek 'i was looking for you.'

'well, i'm right here.' i smile, gesturing to myself.

'look,' he looked around at his family 'i have something i want to ask you.'

'what is it? you can ask me anything.' i was intrigued into what he was going to say.

'before i actually ask you, i just want to say, you're amazing. and i love every second spent with you. i love our daughter, and i hope we end up having another kid some day. i have loved these past 6 years we've been together so much. i love how much you love me and i just love you in general. you're one of the small handful of things that make me happy. if i were to die tomorrow, i would have spent my last moments with you, making me the happiest, and the luckiest guy on this whole planet. i know that's not really than many anymore but i'm talking before most people became walkers. so i wouldn't even be the luckiest guy on the planet, i'd be the luckiest and happiest in history.' he rambled on. ' love you to the moon and back, through thick and thin. you've been so great.' and he ended with 'so i really don't want to be your boyfriend anymore.'

my face dropped 'what? why?''

he reached into his pocket, got down one one knee and said 'i want to be your husband.' he held out a beautiful ring. it was gold and not at all rusty. there was a big diamond in the centre and smaller diamonds down the sides 'will you marry me? i understand if me tricking you into thinking this was a breakup hs made you hate me though.' he chuckled.

i grabbed his blue flannel, pulling him to his feet. he had gotten taller over time so i was now in live with his chest, making me have to look up to him 'i do hate you right now.' i paused 'but yes. i will marry you.'

as he put the ring on my finger, he kissed me deeply, mumbling against my lips 'i love you.'

when he pulled away, i whispered back, smiling widely like a little kid 'i love you too.'

as i looked down, admiring the ring on my finger, i felt something fall onto my head. he was now not wearing his hat but it was rested on top of my head, shading over my eyes.

'where did you even get this ring?' i asked, now admiring him.

'jewellery store. just after we left atlanta.' he answered.

'you've had this for a year now?' he nodded in response.

'i wanted the timing to be perfect.' he explained 'so i wanted to wait until we found my family and either carol or daryl because they're yours.'

i pulled him back into a kiss, whispering 'you're so sweet.'

a week later, i was stood outside the church. i found a short, white milkmaid dress in the back of what used to be my closet. my old house was left untouched so everything i ever owned was fine, and surprisingly, it still fit. i had on white converse and Judith had made me a flower crown from wild daisies that grew round the side of the house. my hair was down and naturally straight. my cheeks were red from blushing so hard due to the excitement.

daryl approached the church, wearing his normal clothes but less grubby and he had actually showered for once 'come on. let's go.' he held his arm out for me to hold onto.

he pushed the doors open where all the alexandria residents were on the benches with the grimes family across the front and carol had come back from the kingdom just for this. maggie and enid had come back from hilltop only for this day too.

daryl walked me down the aisle as carl and i tried not to laugh at each other. daryl went to sit beside carol, who had lori on her lap, as gabriel began his speech. carl whispered to me 'is it just me or does an actual wedding feel weird.'

'not just you? i'm trying my hardest not to laugh right now.' i whispered back.

carl had to repeat after gabriel 'in the name of god... i carl.... take you taylor...to be my wife...to have and to hold from this day forward...for better, for worse...for richer, for poorer...in sickness and in health...to love and to cherish...until parted by death.'

and them i repeated 'in the name of god...i taylor...take you carl...to be my husband...to have and to hold from this day forward...for better, for worse...for richer, for poorer...in sickness and in health...to love and to cherish...until parted by death.'

'toy may now kiss the bride.' gabriel said to carl.

he pulled me in by my waist, kissing my lips deeply. he wouldn't let me go for about a minute until i pushed him off of me. 'i love you.' i whispered, breathless.

'i love you too.' he whispered back, resting his forehead on mine. 'you are everything to me...mrs grimes.'

i giggled at my new surname 'and you are everything to me, mr grimes.'

he pecked my lips once more before dragging me back down the aisle where everyone followed us outside. later that night, we had a reception and rick and michonnes house and carl and i moved into our own, only the next house along.

the end

i hope you enjoyed xx