4

*****

Once she was feeling better, Aurelia pulled herself into an appropriate dress for the coronation, and some black converse.

She brushed her white hair into soft curls bouncing over her shoulders, all the way down to her back

She brushed her white hair into soft curls bouncing over her shoulders, all the way down to her back. Hurriedly, she pulled up her frilly knee-high socks, and left.

-

"I can't.I can't be queen of Auradon. I can't turn my back on the Isle.We made a decision to close the barrier forever.And it was my idea.But it's wrong.I've learned that you can't live in fear. Because it doesn't actually protect you from anything.You never know where the bad is gonna come from.And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either.Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone.
And without Hades... my father--
Audrey would be gone.
We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from.
And that's why I can't be queen of just Auradon.
I have to be queen of the Isle, too, and it's time that we take the barrier down forever." Mal said. Aurelia was a little confused, and also couldn't help wishing a little bit that Harry was here. Part of her secretly wanted him to see her in her dress, since she did think she looked nice. Nicer than usual, anyway.

"It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. Bring it down, Mal" Ben smiled.

-first person pov-

My stomach twisted with excitement. "To make the world a better place, we have to do it face to face-!" Mal waved the Fairy Godmother's wand at the barrier, and it began to dissipate. A long stone bridge with a stone tentacle wrapped around it formed between the piers.

My hands shook in excitement when I thought of seeing Uma and Harry and Gil. Of course, it also meant the Queen of Hearts would be free, but... that wasn't what I needed to be thinking about right now.

-

I ran over the bridge, my feet barely touching the floor because of how fast I was going. I saw Uma and the boys running towards me. I launched myself at Uma, but she dodged out of the way, causing Harry to catch me in his strong arms instead.

"Um... hi" I mumbled, my face warming. His cheeks flushed a pink colour too, not letting go of me.
"Hiya, little bunny... want to dance?" He smiled down at me.
"Uh.... Okay" I whispered, and he stepped back, bowing and outstretching a hand.

I giggled a little and took it, as he pulled me towards him and did some kind of bad dancing. It didn't really matter the dance itself, what mattered was the way his skin on mine sent shocks through my whole body.

-

The dancing went on for hours, and hours. I danced with Gil, Uma, Jay, Evie, but mostly Harry.

"Hey.. uh, little bunny" someone tapped me on the shoulder and I immediately knew who it was. I turned around and nodded, looking up at him. He rubbed the back of his neck bashfully, his lips tugged into a cheeky smile.
"Uh..." he placed his hand on my chin and I was sure I felt my heart explode. He leaned down, closer and closer, and closer... our faces millimetres apart...
"HARRY!" Uma shouted from far behind us. He laughed a little, his hot breath fanning over my face.
"We'll save that for later, little bunny" he winked, before turning on his heel and swiftly strutting away like nothing happened. I positively burned with... with I don't know what.

I couldn't deny the obvious connection we had, Uma said it herself. But it wasn't safe for me to fall in love, and it wasn't safe for him at all.

-

"Nice digs" Uma smiled, flopping onto the couch opposite me. After the long night of dancing, we'd all decided to wind down together at Evie's castle and watch some movies.
"I got a really good deal"

I decided to sit between Evie and Uma, but got changed first into a long-sleeved thin white pyjama top, and some red plaid bottoms. I grabbed my drink from the table and went to sit down, then flew back up when I felt someone underneath me.

Harry burst out laughing and I felt my face burn in embarrassment.
"Sorry" I squeaked out and sat next to Carlos instead. I stared at the floor, my face bright red. I could still hear his throaty laughter from behind me.

-

I decided it was time for bed. I stood up, not saying a word to anyone, and heading up the stairs.
Suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist.
"Hey" It was Harry. He looked even more ruggedly handsome in the dim lighting.
"hi" I mumbled back.
"You okay? Yer seemed pretty freaked out earlier" he raised an eyebrow.
"Oh yeah, yeah I'm good." I smiled at him.
"Oh really? How about now.." he leaned forward and our lips connected. I blushed slightly , then cupped his face with my hands, careful not to fall down since I was a few steps above him. I stood on my tiptoes to close the gap between us, and his hands found their way to my waist.

Squeezing my eyes closed, I couldn't help smiling against his lips. He smiled back, almost laughing, before kissing me again. Truthfully, I wasn't sure how long we just stood there, kissing.

"Alright... get yerself off to bed now little bunny, I don't want you tired in the morning" he winked and smiled at me, walking back down the stairs. I stood, frozen in shock for a moment before trotting promptly up to my room.