Extender Rant

Now lets start off with the basic explanation of a seat belt extender. Every airline must have them available for use. To be exact, the FAA requires the airlines to have at least the minimum of 2 extenders on an aircraft. The people who typically use them are anyone who cannot get the seat belt to close, Mr. Important musician and his cello, or for a child restraint seat.
    I love passengers who know it and embrace it. You know the type.... They will walk on, hopefully say hello back, and immediately ask for an extender. These are the people I support. You aren't messing with boarding time, and it tends to be a little more discreet for them.
    Then there was Ms. Hunter, a seems nice kinda lady. During boarding FAs are doing probably the most work (without pay). I was asked Ms. Hunter for an extender, and told her to give me a second to grab one and finish what I was doing. I grabbed one and put it in my pocket. Back when I started as a flight attendant, we had to hand count passengers, and I preferred counting from aft to fwd. I passed Ms. H to complete my count, so we can close the door asap. Once I got to her row I had already been taking out the extender, and she snapped on me. I wasn't sure why I didn't just give her the extender, but I let her complete her rant. She called me incompetent, and told me how I needed to be retrained. Her safety was more important than anything I had to do.
    After her rant, I just smiled and handed her the extender out of my pocket. She snatched it out of my hand and said I should have just gave it to her to begin with. Little note, the plane doesn't move until everyone is seated with their seat belt on and the numbers match.
    Side note while we are on the topic of extenders.... If you happen to BORROW one, please return them on the way out. The cleaners will not hand them in to us, and its the least you can do since they are provided for your use. Be a good human.