✦ the lorax ╔ au ╗

// an AU of hunter x hunter characters as characters in the lorax //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

It was a sunny? day in thneedville, the robot birds chirping happily and fake wind blowing in the air. leorio on his way to go and see his crush named kurapika, after the ride there he knocked on the door.

"oh h-hey kurapika, um how are you?" leorio stuttered nervously "oh leorio! hey i was just drawing, wanna come in and see?" leorio smiled and nodded his head, kurapika grabbing his hand and leading him unto his backyard.

the backside of kurapikas house was covered in paintings of trees. "wow, are those real trees?" leorio said as he looked over to the blonde man who had laid down on the floor, looking at the sky. "oh leorio"the black haired man then laid down on the so called grass next to kurapika "if only someone gave me a tree, a real tree! i think id love them forever."

Leorio then blushed furiously at those words, getting kurapika a tree would win his heart, leorio smirked as he got up from the floor. "i just realized it's family fun night! uh i gotta go! i'll see you later, bye!" leorio waved to kurapika as he drove his bike back home.

eventually leorio arrived at his home, "i'm here" leorio called out, he lived with his dad otto octavious and grandma bisky.

"oh hello son! it's time to play candy land, sit down now." otto said, leorio made his way into the dining room where he and his family played for a while until he had the urge to spit out the question he was meaning to ask.

"um, so where would i get a real tree at." otto stared at his son dumbfounded, "a TREE, like a real one? now son why would you need a tree, we just got the latest tree!" of course it was just a fake tree that produced FAKE air from the one and only tonpa, he was the mayor of the city who managed it all, plus he was quite the rich fellow.

otto just walked off "i need to go lay down, i have a headache." leorio just shook his head at that.

"oh grandson! why don't you go see the onceler." grandma bisky said in a whisper, leorio leaned in, his interest was piqued.

then she began to tell the legend of the onceler, who was seemed to be the last person on earth to have the seed of a rea tree. "ok i will do it, i will go and try to find the onceler!" leorio said full of courage.

✦•············································•✦

now it was late at night, everyone asleep besides leorio. "ok, everyone is asleep, time to go!" leorio whispered as he went on his bike and rid out the gates. beyond the gates of thneedville was a dry land, cut off tree stumps everyone, it was actually quite sad but leorio just shook off the feeling, i mean he didn't even know what went down during the years.

he drove for quite a while until he noticed a small house., "um mister onceler are you in there?" he waited for a while.

"hello? AAAH!" leorio screamed after he got a glance of a scary man. "who are ya?" a man with long black hair and bug eyes crawled out of the house, "my name is leorio! i was wondering if i can have the last tree seed" leorio scratched his head, well leorio, my name is illumi AND NO! you cannot have the seed," he paused for a moment, "well i have to see if you're worthy first, and then maybe you can have the last tree seed" illumi looked at him with cold eyes.

"and how long will that be!" illumi pulled him closer to get a good look at him. "now why exactly do you want a tree?" illumi looked at him again with his cold, emotionless eyes. "well, i want it because i want to show that guy tonpa that we really need trees! yeah that's it!" the onceler just gave him a pathetic sigh.

"whatever now listen closely, i will tell you the story" "is it gonna be a long story?" "JUST SHUT UP."

✦ illumi pov

years ago when i was just a teenager going away from my family to show off my invention, which was the thneed may i add. it was made of the leaves of a tree! of course they had no faith in me but i was off for a new future! full of money and attention but while i traveled for days i began to loose hope, until i was at a land, it was full of trees, all shapes and colors!

and there was a lot of animals that i befriended, i set up my house and then took out my axe! i chopped down a tree, but little did i know, that one tree would change my life. the sky turned dark and all the animals huddled together as the tree fell down onto the ground.

then a man came out the sky and no i am not joking, i'm going to tell you, this guys name was hisoka but he called himself the lorax!

anywho, he came down from the sky with his ass in the air and then mourned the tree like a total freak show.

"NOW WHO DID THIS" hisoka said to me in a zesty-angry type way, "oh god who the hell are you?" i said, as that foolish man looked at me. "YOU- YOURE EVIL! HOW DARE YOU."

"i just need my thneed! i promise i won't cut anymore."

"ok, you can stay only if i can sleep in your bed with you."

"ok fine."

"ok leorio come back tomorrow and i'll finish the story." leorios mouth was gaping wide, he didn't except such a weird pause in the story "what? you let some random man sleep with you? and uh yeah yeah. i guess ill be back tomorrow" his voice trailed off.

but he just got in his bike again and drove home, rethinking his life.

when the man got home he laid down in his bed, but little did he know, there were cameras watching him and saw how he left thneedville! tonpa is now quite angry, staring at the of the man leaving.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

what will happen? will leorio get the seed and impress kurapikas heart or will tonpa destroy him before he even has the chance? HIT THAT LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE BUTTON TO FIND OUT.

don't even ask

<3