Chapter 3

Bad Luck Boy

If there was one thing about Toby, it would be that he has never had the best luck. Always bad luck.

So when the opportunity come to be fostered by new parents the boy, should go for it. This makes him look at the the worst possible outcomes.

Tracy, who was now actually doing her job rather well, she wanted to prove to Toby that things will go well if he gets rid of his negative mindset he constantly holds.

Her way of doing this was by cooking him a perfect breakfast of a runny egg.

Grace was sat at the dinner table, with sone of the residents. Gracie sat next to Sapphire and on the other side of her she had Toby. Gracie was sitting quietly eating her breakfast.

Sapphire has always cared for Harry when he joined Elmtree House. But also she has cared for Gracie after her big brother Alex left. Sapphire knows it's hard for Grace because she is very quiet and sweet she'd be the first target . As well as her not to be
around loud noises for long because she was diagnosed with a hearing problem causing her to be deaf in one ear.

Grace sat watching Harry cover his giraffe in his cereal milk.

Liam comes and sits down at the table.

"Jeff is gonna reek so bad." He comments.

Tracy leans over the kitchen counter and says "Harry can you not get milk on Jeff please." She begs as Harry's face holds a cheeky grin.

Toby had been keeping an eye of his watch waiting for the 3 minutes to be up so Tracy can finally remove the boiling egg from the water.

"I'm on it, go Liam toast! She says as the two of them nearly collided.

Everybody's heart rate sped up slightly at the sight and only got to lower slightly before Tracy trips, throwing the egg up into the air.

Everyone watches the egg flying though the air, mouths wide open. Luckily, Tracy had managed to catch it safe in her hands, no damage done.

The egg gets placed into the holder as everyone crowds around awaiting the big reveal. Toby uses a spoon to crack the top of the egg only to reveal it to be perfect.

Toby grabs the salt shaker, holding it upside down over his egg but unfortunately, the lid wasn't on properly. The whole container empties onto his egg ruining it all.

"I'll do you another one." Tracy ruffles his hair.

He looks up, "What's the point? I told you, from the day I was born i've been jinxed."

After the breakfast shambles, everyone ends up in the living room. Grace sat next to  Sapphire who allowed her to use her headphones to listen to the music Sapphire was telling Grace about both of them lay on the sofa together listening I the song.

Liam and Toby were stacking cards on the table beside them as other kids find themselves in pairs and trios in the room.

Johnny walked over to Gracie and Sapphire, a letter in his hand. "Letter for you Sapph." He throws it as he passes it over to her.

Grace watched her friend open the letter. It's unusual for anyone in the care home to receive a mail.

This made Gracie think about how she hadn't spoken or heard from her big brother since he's so busy fighting for the country.

This upset Grace not knowing if her brother is safe and healthy and okay.

Sapphire opened the letter, pulled it out two vip tickets. She jumps up screaming, scaring everyone in the room and subsequently causing Toby to knock down the whole tower he has been working on.

"Dizzee! Are you joking me?" She screams again, "My dads got me two tickets for tomorrow! How cool is that! Cos my dads like, a roadie, so.." Gracie watched Sapphire happily as her friend enthusiasm soars through the roof. "We'll probably go backstage and meet Dizzee and his crew!"

Sapphire runs out of the room trying to find the closest adult to enthuse to next.

As Sapphire left Gina came in slowly.

"Gracie baby can I have you come to the office" Gina says.

"Okay." Grace said getting up of the sofa kids around looked at her.

__________________

Grace gets to the office where she sees Gina, Mike and Tracy.

Tracy leaves to deal with other things but Gina and Mike stay.

"Am in trouble?" Grace asked the adults.

"No sweetheart we asked for you to be here since we received a phone call from someone very special" Gina explains.

"That particular special person is Alex." Mike says with a smile which Grace smiles too.

"He rang you guys, but not me?" Grace says looking down about to cry.

"Baby let's go in the quiet room because I'm going to set up my laptop for you to see Alex on the screen. Is that better?" Gina asked.

"Yes please. I've missed .. him" Grace says hugging Gina.

"We know darling. He will be home at some point. We will take you back to the apartment for a few weeks then he will have to go back to work. Meaning you'll come back here." Mike tells her.

__________________
Phone call;
A: Alex
G: Gracie

A: "Hey Gracie how are you! "Alex asked his little sister.
G: "I'm good how are you save and healthy." Grace asked sweetly.
A: "Yeah I'm staying safe and I'm healthy thank you for asking. Are you behaving like I told you?" He asked her sternly.
G: That's good. And yes I'm behaving just I miss you so much.
A: "Good girl and I miss you too before you know it I'll be home." Alex says.
G: "great we can go bowling or swimming." Grace says.
A: Gracie baby girl I've got to go I love you I will contact you in a few days" Alex Daisy's to her even though he didn't want to say bye like that to his baby sister.

G: "Love you too" Grace says to her big brother. Then the phone line went off.
__________________

After the end of the meeting Toby made the decision to stay instead of be fostered.

The whole family were in the garden for a big game of football.
Grace walked in the garden then take a seat at the bench next to Gina who was drinking a cup of tea.

"Hey baby how was it?" She asked a Grace whilst stroking the young girls hair."

"Good." Grace says cuddling into Gina's body.

The old and young ladies what  job the game the kids were kicking the ball a bit hard at each other and sometimes 'accidentally' miss and kick the others leg, it was a good game.

Whilst watching Grace kept looking on one person playing football. Which made Grace smile.

I will be talking about some struggling thinking's if you struggle with that skip parts that are hard.

For example Grief, abuse and eating disorder.

Tell me what you think or something to add to the story

Love from Lily xxx