Part 2: School and explanation

Mackenzie Josephine Rose POV

I walked outside of the school. I was waiting for my mother when I heard a car honk. I saw William and he was in his blue mustang.

I smiled and walked over. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he hugged me. "Wanted to see you. Also I have small surprise for you." He told me. I nodded.

"Hey, loser. Nice car." Jessica my older cousin sneered. "It's a lot nicer than that piece of junk." William sneered at her. She gasped. "H-How dare you?!" She snarled. "Mac, get in the car." Will ordered.

I got in the car. I heard Will say a few things to her and Jessica ran off crying. I smiled to myself. "What did you say to her?" I asked when Will got in the car. "I just told her she messes with you and I'll snitch on the fact she's cheating on her rich ass boyfriend." He told me.

I laughed. Will smiled.

He put on his sunglasses. He then turned to me. "Seatbelt, missy." He stated. "Okay, mr. Police officer." I sniggered. He smiled.

He drove off and I smiled. "So since I've met your mother it's only fair you met mine." Will told me as he pulled into a driveway.

I saw a beautiful woman come out.

"Hello, darling

"Hello, darling. You must be Mackenzie." Will's mother said. I smiled. A maid opens the door for me. "Yes, I am and you are..." I asked confused. "I'm Jorgie. Wills mother. He constantly talks about you." She told me. I smiled.

"Thank you." I said. Will came and stood beside me. "Okay, enough of this embarrassing stuff, I am taking her to my room." Will stated.

I laughed.

He took me and him to his room. "Wow. I like all your posters." I said. They were all scary movie posters. "Mm. Thank you. So I told you mom you are spending the night. You are sleeping on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch." He told me.

"Are you sure? I can sleep on the couch-" I started to suggest. "Nope. You are taking the bed missy." I giggled.

I gasped awake from another nightmare. I felt like crying. "Will." I got up and walked over to the couch. I gently shaked his arm. "Will."

"Yes? Are you okay?" He asked me as he sat up. "I um... I had a nightmare." I whimpered. He looked at me.

"Can you come lay with me?" I asked. "Sure. Come on." I followed him into the bed and once he got settled I rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my hair softly And kissed it.

{the next morning}

I woke up and I didn't feel Will beside me. I then heard a knock. I saw it was Will. "Morning, beautiful." He smiled.

"Ugh. I feel like crap." I mumbled rubbing my eyes. He smiled.

He sighed and plopped beside me. He handed me a bag of Burger King. I gasped.
"You didn't!" I said happily. "I did. I wanted you to be in a good mood today." He told me. I smiled. I ate the burger and the fries.

Will sighed. "I'm assuming you want an explanation about the Mates of shapeshifters." He told me. I nodded. "Well only one way to get there. Flight."
He told me.

"No! Absolutely not!" Jorgie yelled at Will. "Mom, she needs to know what she's walking into here. I'm not letting her not know!" Will argued back. "You promise to watch her and make sure she's safe?" His mother asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. I promise." He muttered. "Come' on." He then led me outside. "Okay. Close your eyes" he ordered me.

I closed my eyes. I heard some flesh sounds. I then opened my eyes when I felt a nudge in my back and widened my eyes. A black and red dragon stood in front of me.

He then held out his paw. I climbed on his paw and he chittered. He flapped his wings and he lifted himself into the air. He kept me in his paw and he flew high in the clouds as to not be spotted.

Are you having fun? A voice inside my head said. It sounded like Will. "Not really." I admitted.

I felt Will chuckle. He then stopped. He put me on his back. He then flew down to an island. He landed and he took me off his baxk. I turned away so he could form.

I felt him gently touch my back. We got down to the caves. "My family has been judged for years. Once we were almost killed off. It's a good thing my father met my mother. I'm one of the last shapeshifters left in the world. I wanted to bring you here to warn you, if you do end up dating me, Im... it's not. Guarantee It'll work out. I am very protective of the people I love and I get defensive. It's my nature. I just want you to be warned about it." He told me. I looked at him.

I then smiled. "What?" He asked confused. I kissed him on the lips. He was shocked but kissed me back. "I wouldn't care if the whole world made you a monster. If you ever become one, you are my monster." I whispered softly and Will smiled.