1// Under The Same Roof Together

YEAR 2024
Doldam Hospital

It was oddly calm and quiet in the Doldam emergency room one cold morning. There wasn't that much patients to attend to hence the nurses and doctors could relax and rest up a bit. It was a rare chance for them to actually sit down and take a breathe to wind down from their busy and hectic jobs.

Yoon Areum smiles sweetly as she checks the clock one last time and shuts the laptop close after finishing her job for the day. It was always a wonder on how she still looked so fresh and adorable despite working all night long. 

'Uhm Ssaem, I'll head off now!'

Nurse Uhm grins and speaks with a hint of teasing in her voice.

'Your taking off a bit earlier than usual aren't you? Why? Do you have a date or something today?'

Areum blushes and shakes her head 

'It's not a date....but Euntak Ssaem is off for the whole day today... his at home waiting for me so I might as well go home earlier than usual today.'

But even before Areum could walk off, Nurse Uhm suddenly holds onto the sleeve of her lab coat and mischievously smirks at her. 

'Right! Didn't you and Euntak Ssaem just move in together recently? Shouldn't you both have a housewarming party ?'

With a nervous smile plastered on her face, Areum tries to laugh off the question and stutters as she makes up excuses. 

'Ani.... we've just decided to move in a little house together so that it could be a bit more convenient than just staying separately in the dorms.... We probably won't have a housewarming since we're both so busy and there's still tons of things to get done and unpack.'

Without hearing Nurse Uhm's response, Areum then dashes off to avoid more questions. It suddenly reminded her of Eunjae and Woojin as they desperately tried to avoid questions on their 'housewarming party' a few months ago. She wouldn't have believed it at all if someone had told her that she'd be in the same spot just a few months later. 

It was a long decision in the making, with both being frustrated at not having much private time together. Euntak decided to ask Areum one day if she had wanted to live together. This of course meant that they already had aspirations and visions for their future together but it was also a huge decision that showed how much stronger their relationship had become after the drought that they had went through. 

They had decided to buy a house rather than rent a apartment, it was a bit bigger than Eunjae and Woojin's current house but it was also petite in a sense and homey. They had made a commitment after Areum had revealed that she wanted to have at least 3 kids in the future. Being the man he is, Euntak had suggested to buy a house that would consider their future plans together.... (if that didn't make you melt then what will?)

But even before they had bought the house, Euntak decided that it was only right for him to go and greet Areum's parents and get their blessing for their decision to live together. It was after all a gentlemanly thing to do considering Areum was still a family's precious daughter. 

Euntak had met Areum's parents 2 years ago, it was exactly a year and a half after they had started their relationship. They loved him of course and was extremely warm and supportive of the relationship, Areum's father had even asked Euntak to go fishing with him a lot of times after. It was safe to say, Euntak managed to become the unofficial son-in-law since then. 

As for InBeom you might ask? Well he was a bit of a complicated hurdle in the beginning. Areum was always a precious little sister in the mighty and great Doctor Do Inbeom's eyes. Hence when he first found out that his cousin had a boyfriend, he immediately went to investigate and figure out who on earth actually managed to capture her innocent and precious heart. After finding out the identity of the so called 'boyfriend' from his aunt (Areum's mom). He definitely made it clear that he wasn't amused but things eventually worked out after Areum took Euntak to attend a family dinner that involved Inbeom, his mother and Areum's parents. (Do YoonWan was apparently too busy to attend). After having his awkward and slightly tensed 'brother talk' with Euntak and sending him off with a glare and warning, Inbeom eventually got used to the fact that Park Euntak might as well become his cousin in law in the future. He wasn't exactly pleased or excited but in the end he backed off a little after seeing how happy Areum was. 

Back to the current scene, Areum massages her forehead in exhaustion as she neatly places her lab coat in her locker and packs up for the day. Gently fumbling with the beautiful ring on her finger she smiles at the thought of Euntak waiting for her at home. The couple still had tons of unpacking to do and they had planned to spend their day off trying to settle in the new house. 

And if you were wondering... Yes! that 'beautiful ring' that she had on her finger is a couple ring that Euntak had presented her not long after the fire incident and their reconciliation. Areum could clearly still remember the hilarious incidents that happened not long after all those events as if they had happened just yesterday..... To tell you what happened though it will take a whole long flashback to a few months ago before they reached this situation that they were in as of the moment.