5// When Euntak Met the Yoon Family

YEAR 2021
Seoul, South Korea
Areum's Family Home 
FLASHBACK FROM CURRENT TIMELINE (2024年)

It was one breezy morning when Euntak and Areum finally had day offs during the same day. For the day's itinerary, the couple had long planned to drive to Seoul to finally have a formal meeting with Areum's parents. 

Being the traditional man that he is, Euntak had managed to convince Areum that he really needed to go and greet them since they have already been dating for 1 and a half years. After setting up a date, the couple agreed to drive to Seoul early in the morning so that Euntak could make a good impression and also for the sake of having more time to spend and bond with Areum's parents. 

They were taking Areum's new car for the first time today. Areum hated spending money and would rather ride her bike from the company dorm to the hospital for commuting. But just a few months ago, her cousin Inbeom had surprised her on her recent birthday by sending a brand new car just for her.

It was apparently a birthday gift and at the same time, a gift / reward for passing her exam with flying colors.

Although Areum appreciated his thoughts, she hardly really ever drove it out ever since.

And just like that, Euntak finds himself nervously fidgeting with the new environment. He was driving for the day and he had found the new car a bit too overwhelming.

Perhaps it's also partly because Inbeom was the one who bought this that he had this odd feeling of uncomfortableness on him... But it may as well be the feeling of anxiousness on meeting his future parents in law in a few hours that's finally kicking in and making him anxious.

But in true Park Euntak fashion, he managed to keep his cool and hide the anxiousness to himself. Although, of course just as she always did, Yoon Areum wasn't the type to simply brush it off. She had noticed his actions and mood since they had met up for their plans for the day. At first, she had tried to brush it off, knowing how Euntak must be feeling at the moment, she chose not to add more fuel to the fire of his worries and anxiety. But as always, being  adorable and sweet person that she is, Areum couldn't just stay still and try not to comfort her boyfriend out of his worries and thoughts. 

As Euntak strapped in his seatbelts, he revs up the car and slightly smiles. Turning a bit to face his girlfriend, he speaks in a gentle voice.

'Should we head off now Areum ssi...?'

After strapping her seatbelt on, Areum smiles sweetly and turns to find Euntak gazing at her with a sweet expression. Giving him her sweetest smile, she sighs and reachers her hand out to place her hand on tops of Euntak's which was resting on the steering wheel. 

'Euntak ssaem...... Don't worry too much, Appa and eomma were quite ecstatic to find out that you were the one who wanted to meet them instead of me. Don't try to be different and just be natural....just---be yourself. I'm sure my parents will love you when they meet you soon.'

At her words, Euntak's expression immediately softens and he breathes out a sigh of relief. Gently and sweetly taking Areum's hand from his, Euntak squeezes her hand gently and gives her a reassuring smile. 

'Neh Areum ssi... i'll try my best so don't worry too much.'

Chuckling at his innocent face, Areum nods and replies with a much cuter tone of voice. 

'Might as well tell you a little secret but.... my appa seems to be extremely excited to meet you Euntak ssaem. After I told him about you, he even bragged to my aunt and uncle about how great of a future son in law he has so he doesn't need to worr---'