01

01

In the haze of twilight, I caught a glimpse of you,

A fire burning brightly, a love I thought was true,

Your eyes like embers glowing, a flame that danced so free,

I fell into your crimson world, where passion used to be.

- Alexia Rey in "crimson"

--------

liked by LivvyRated123, HarperInHD1999, and 870 others

alexiarey forever and always, right?

--------

"I'm so bored!"

Alexia Rey sighed as her sister's voice penetrated her thoughts, closing her eyes in an attempt to block out the noise as she stared at the near-empty Pages document on the computer in her lap. At the top of the page was a single word, "crimson," written in italics. Beneath that was one verse that she'd written at 2 am the night before when it had come into her mind. She had one AirPod in her left ear, and through it came a relaxing, repeating stream of Max Richter's On the Nature of Daylight.

"Come on, Lexi, can't you stop staring at that blank screen for one second? What's so important about it anyways? There's nothing on it."

Alexia reached for her phone and paused the music, removing the AirPod and turning to face her younger sister. She looked at her younger sister for a long moment, taking in her disheveled hair and the outfit that Alexia knew she'd worn the day before, too. "Where are Mom and Dad? Can't you bother them?"

Her little sister, Olivia, shook her head, "They sent me to you."

"How gracious of them," Alexia muttered before shaking herself. "What do you want?"

"Let's do something!" She walked to where Alexia sat crosslegged on her bed and, with no small amount of force, closed her computer. "Come on! You can't possibly want to keep staring at that blank white screen?"

"Livvy, I know you're enjoying your extended break from school, but I am trying to work."

Livvy scoffed, "You're working? That computer screen has been blank since Monday. In case you've lost track, today's Wednesday."

Alexia sighed again, "Fine. What is it you want to do?"

"Can we play the song game?"

"Again?" Alexia asked in resignation, "Sure."

"Yay!" Livvy said, throwing herself onto her sister's bed and taking her phone out of her back pocket. "I'll go first."

Alexia handed her sister her phone open to the stopwatch and lay backward, resting her head on the pillow at her back and closing her eyes. After a few moments of silence, a song began to play from the foot of her bed where her sister sat. She took in the first few seconds of familiar piano chords before speaking, "Set Fire to the Rain by Adele."